Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That’s what we’re building at :Different. Our vision is to create your home assistant, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
Our mission is to take care of homes and the people in them. We’re starting with rebuilding property management by taking care of investment property homes for Australian owners and tenants.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley, Mina was the global Head of Product at Uber and Ruwin a Director at Softbank. Our entire leadership team has deep experience and networks in the technology space, hailing from companies such as Bain, Expedia, Google, Siteminder, SyscoLabs and more.
We’ve raised multiple rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities and have plans to expand further around Australia and into other global markets.
About the role
Property management is an operationally intensive business, but we make it efficient and scalable by combining powerful tech with an incredibly customer-focused operations team. That’s our unique advantage. We design and build all of our own technology, so we can align it to the ideal operational processes to create a great service for our customers.
Now, we need someone who can create and ship great products that make these complex workflows feel as simple as clicking a button.You’ll work with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, Operations and Growth managers to define and execute your roadmap against the overall company strategy. Our product team continuously develop innovative solutions to real world problems. You’ll set and deliver against your metrics, not just for features or products, but also to impact business growth. And our most important metric is and will continue to be customer happiness, which is why you’ll do all of this in ways that are both fun and delightful.
The Product Manager role at companies varies widely. At :Different, we think there are some key elements to being successful at our company as a Product Manager:
Tell the product story
- Define the roadmap of new products and features
- Clearly articulate and document the goals of the product and how the solution will solve the problems, both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Identify and prioritise features that drive the maximum impact
- Deeply understand how the solution works from the technical stack to the operational workflows
Know the numbers
- Use numbers to tell a story
- Combine data and intuition intelligently
- Use metrics and interpret data to make good decisions fast
- Monitor and measure your launches to feed insights back into the ongoing product development process
Make it happen
- Clear roadblocks
- Prioritise ruthlessly and impartially
- Launch the right product fast to deliver on company goals and make our users happy
Leadership without authority
- Align all the members of your cross-functional team to collaborate on releasing products that massively impact the metrics your team owns
- Communicate with anyone and everyone to represent whoever’s not in the room
- Build empathy at all levels, so that you can say no in the right way when you need to
Be an expert on the customer and market
- Talk to customers and industry professionals to build a deep understanding of the problem space
- Understand how the company fits into the broader industry, both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Research and analyse the competitors, market size, market breakdown and adjacencies in the space
- Present your knowledge articulately and persuasively
Who you are
- At least 5 years experience delivering successful and innovative software/hardware products in a product manager role
- At least 5 years experience working closely with engineers, designers and UX researchers
- Be user-focused and never lose sight of the value we’re providing to our customers
- Experience building roadmaps and delivering on them.
- A belief in fast, iterative development.
- Maintain the right balance between strategic and tactical work.
- Organised and diligent - always follow through on what you say you’re going to do
- Practical attention to detail - Know when to obsess, and know when to let go
- A great writer and editor - Copy is as much a product as anything else
- Curiosity across a range of subjects and industries
- Love of data and analytical storytelling - you are comfortable getting data and using data
- Technically proficient
- If you have a CS degree or have learned to code and released production features that real people have used, that’s great. Otherwise, show us how you can effectively represent Engineering when they’re not in the room
- Freedom and expectation to build incredible products, solving huge real-world problems
- Long-term career opportunities - as an early employee, there’s lots of opportunity to grow professionally, as well as play a critical part in our long-term product strategy
- Be deeply embedded in the workings of a fast-scaling series A startup, participating in the ins and outs of investment rounds, growing a team, creating high functioning processes and building a successful business
- Mentorship and support from our co-founder Mina as well as the rest of our world-class technology team
- Autonomously lead your own product team
- A generous salary, bonus and equity package
- Hybrid working arrangement, with flexible working hours
Other things of note
- We encourage & welcome applicants with a wide range of years experience, from just a few years to decades worth. We don’t care where you went to college—or even if you did. It doesn’t matter if your experience is with the well known or the unknown. We care about what you can do, the passion you bring, and how you can help us achieve our ambitions.
- We encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above. We’d like to account for the fact that we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these requirements.
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.