Sonder provides help when you need it and confidence when you don’t.
Whether you’re a little confused about something, or you’re in a state of crisis, Sonder’s here. Using cutting edge technology, simply pressing the button on our app connects members with our Support Centre and network of specialists immediately and 24/7, so you can pursue life with confidence.
Our Front End Engineer plays a vital role in connecting our members to support when needed.
Make an impact and help shape our future in our Engineering team. You’ll have flexibility, freedom, and ability to influence one of Australia’s fastest growing businesses and help us scale to support millions of users. You’ll produce, review and document standards-based, high-quality, optimised code, and collaborate across the broader development team and delivery cycle as well as assisting in the design of the mobile solution architecture.
What you’ll do
- Participate actively with other engineers and stakeholders to ensure Sonder systems and apps address the needs of the business and the end-users;
- Grasp project requirements and communicate needs to others;
- Follow software development best practice to produce well structured, well documented source code;
- Ensure automated tests meet the required quality and coverage;
- Contribute to the software development life cycle, including the planning, analysis, design, development, integration, testing, deployment, and maintenance of software applications for a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Implement required functionalities.
What we’re looking for
- Talented front-end Engineer with experience in web application development;
- Experience with ReactJS, however experience with Angular or Vue will be well regarded.
- You will have the opportunity to work with RESTful Microservices API, Google Maps, real-time positioning and, navigation.
- Understanding of Test Automation (Mocha/Chai or similar).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Capability of being a technical leader and contributing quality code in our multi-functional team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, IT or similar field.
- Full working rights for Australia.
What can we offer you?
You will work with a collaborative, vibrant and passionate team of experienced professionals, inside and outside of the Engineering Team and as we continue to grow, there will be plenty of development opportunities.
- Modern offices based in Waterloo
- Flexible work arrangements
- Induction and onboarding designed to make you succeed in your new role
- Catered lunches
- Social events and clubs
- Bring your dog to work day
- Stocked kitchen with access to all the snacks you need
- Showers available for anyone cycling to work or gym goers
Join Sonder’s innovative movement and feel empowered everyday knowing you are contributing to making the world a safer place.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Police Check and Working With Children Check.
If this sounds like the role for you, hurry up and apply because we can’t wait to meet you!