Founded in early 2015 and based in Sydney, Hireup is a trusted online platform and community for people with disability and their families to find, hire and manage support workers that fit their needs and share their interests. Whether it’s support with getting to work, catching a local footy game or taking the scenic route, Hireup gives people with disability the tools to live the most flexible, seamless and supported life possible. With over 100,000 registered users and support workers in communities all across Australia, Hireup is a national network of local supports. As a purpose-led organisation, we promote a culture defined by its humanity, curiosity and creativity, and allow this to infuse our services, product and people.
At Hireup, we understand the important role technology, and specifically, digital product plays in connecting people. For our Product team, it’s not only about bringing together the perspectives of our community, users and internal team to guide the development of a best-in-class product, but also to ensure we are constantly building on a vision and delivering a product experience that seamlessly integrates into everyday life.
As a Lead Product Designer, your primary focus will be to drive the evolution, implementation and strategic direction of Hireup’s digital design system as part of a multi-skilled team. Using your broad UX and UI skills with a particular focus on user interface, this role will build on our existing design system to refine, expand, animate and implement a beautiful, accessible and consistent experience across the website, web and mobile apps.
- Lead the development, implementation and evangelisation of Hireup’s digital design system in a practical, collaborative and hands-on way as part of our Product team
- Support the user research, UX and UI capabilities of the design team through growth as we continue to evolve and scale the platform
- Expand our existing design system; refining elements, developing principles for interaction, designing new elements, and defining how elements work together in broader interfaces
- Help refine the systems and processes we use to deliver designs product capabilities to our community, from identifying user insights, to collaborating with developers and tracking impact
- Collaborate with other designers and front-end developers to ensure optimal user experiences and a consistent design system
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the balance between what is desirable for the user, viable for Hireup, and technically feasible
- Define measures with stakeholders to better understand the impact of a successful design
- Work closely with the design team to source and monitor user feedback to inform design iterations, including analysing customer feedback channels, analytics, user research and usability test findings
- 5+ years experience in UI design, preferably from a product setting
- You’re a hands on people leader, a research and design evangelist and create opportunities to apply Design Thinking
- You have strong knowledge of design principles, for example atomic design, live style guides and responsive design principles
- You love to be challenged and pushed outside of your comfort zone to grow, learn and solve complex challenges for the community
- Ability to create, develop and oversee the implementation of digital design systems across multiple digital channels
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with designers, researchers and front-end developers
- End to end product design experience, including conducting user research and working with lean design methods in a cross-functional Scrum/Agile team.
- Exceptional communication and relationship development skills
- Strong connection to, or interest in building an understanding of, the Australian disability sector and community
- You’re data and insights driven and have the ability to see the big picture but also get into the finer detail
- You’re organised, driven and approach your work with decisiveness and humility
- Exhibit empathy, adaptability, resilience, transparency, trustworthiness, passion and an innate curiosity
What you’ll experience with us
- The chance to be part of a meaningful change and see the positive social impact of your work
- Exciting and challenging projects that will push your creative and leadership skills
- The space to easily collaborate with a multidisciplinary/awesome team to develop effective and holistic product solutions
- A truly flexible and supportive working environment that values work-life blend & all your many life endeavours
- An open culture that thrives on new initiatives and ideas
- Your choice of laptop and the tools you need in your role
People with lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is full-time and the salary will be dependent on experience. For more information about the role and how it fits within Hireup, contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Jess via on [email protected] or 0436 450 457.