Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
This team works closely with Senior Executive’s across the company to lead critical strategic and operational initiatives across all areas of the business. To support our pace of growth Xero is hiring a Senior Consultant within the Global Operations team to join a new team focused on tackling some of the biggest questions facing the company globally. The decisions you will help guide, will represent some of the most important decisions we make each year - where we focus strategically, how we measure success towards our strategy and as a result how we need to deploy our resources and capital, which shapes our ability to positively impact the lives of people in small business, their advisers and communities around the world.
What you'll do
• Help define, evaluate and solve business problems / opportunities, collaborating with a range of stakeholders across Xero.
• Support the development of researched and data driven recommendations based on organisational / market / industry insights.
• Support the communication of recommendations / findings to stakeholders across Xero.
• Contribute to planning, project management and execution of strategic programs of work / activities
• Proactively support with continuous improvement, standardisation activities and team initiatives to improve performance, quality and effectiveness
• Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support strategic recommendations
What you'll bring with you
• 3+ years of experience in Strategy or Operational roles
• Experience in teams performing complex cross functional projects with multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to communicate insights through presentations tailored to the relevant audience
• Experience in workshop facilitation / delivery in various formats (e.g. virtual, in person)Interest in the SaaS / Fintech / Accounting industry and / or adjacent sectors relevant to Xero
• Industry exposure preferred (but not essential)
• Demonstrated experience as a valued team member in a high performing team
• Involvement in shaping strategic recommendations which have been implemented successfully and delivered business value
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.