Are you an experienced firmware test engineer with a passion for new technology? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor company. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will join the software team and you will be responsible for writing test scripts, implementation and debugging our firmware, involving all layers of the IoT stack.
Main responsibilities include:
- Testing our Firmware, involving all layers of the IoT stack.
- Writing elegant Python scripts to facilitate testing and other tasks
- Maintaining test scripts and documentation
- Providing valuable QA/Testing oriented feedback with regards to the complete Morse Micro ecosystem to create Quality systems
Essential skills (you must have these to be considered):
- BSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years experience in the electronics/communications industry testing firmware
- Hands on experience in the Software Testing Life Cycle and generating the said artefacts
- Expert understanding of Python and its usage in test systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
Desired requirements (key skills that you should have 70% of):
- Expert at Test planning, creating test scenarios, writing test scripts and generating bug reports
- Identify critical issues and escalate
- Great attention to detail which is reflected in created Issue tickets
- Expert in scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience with Software Configuration Management Tools such as Git
- Experience Continuous Integration Systems - Jenkins
Bonus skills (if you have those you can stand out among the crowd, don’t sweat it if you don’t):
- Experience with IoT/Networking applications, including the usage of wireshark for testing and debugging.
- Experience with various hardware interfacing buses, like SDIO, SPI and I2C
- Experience in using static analysis and automated testing tools
- Familiar with Linux kernel development and Linux applications for embedded devices
- Familiarity with software defined radio (SDR) such as GNURadio
What we offer:
- Work besides and learn from some of the world’s most experienced engineers
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, including barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter to [email protected] and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Senior Firmware Test Engineer.