Lookin’ for a new opportunity to sink your design teeth into challenging and complex problem spaces? We have a full stack design team filled with brilliant, empathic, and creative humans who are each enabled to contribute to our global vision of championing creativity to bring opportunities to people all around the world. At the helm you have industry leading Design Managers who are there to support you and your growth no matter what stage of your career.
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Founded in 2008, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies, and individuals.
What is the role?
As a Senior/Product Designer you'll tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for many – from the first time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Support, and Marketing throughout the entire design process – from pairing with UX Researchers, to creating user flows and wireframes to building out and validating UI prototypes with clients and designers. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product delights them.
Depending on your preferences and experience, your role might include some organic mentoring but with an overall heavy design focus; or perhaps if you’re really keen on leading people this could be a part of your future career growth with 99designs.
A little bit about you
You’re a creative and humble designer that loves solving chunky and complex problems and partnering with cross-functional product and engineering teams. Collaborative design sessions, usability testing, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and working directly with engineers, well that’s just your thang!
You will be able to demonstrate experience designing successful products or services including responsive and transactional web apps, championing the needs of the users and rationalising and justifying design work with an understanding of trade-offs. Fluency with visual and interaction and prototyping tools is a must, we are big fans of Figma and also love collaborating in Miro.
We also have a dedicated Design System team to help with our design tooling and provide guidance on best practices in creating a seamless user experience platform-wide, so you will feel very supported in your work!
As 99d continues to scale, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to continue to foster a collaborative environment with a keen focus on innovation, growth and ownership. Below are just some of the things we do to support our people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you! Courses, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best 99d has got you covered.
- Culture of workplace flexibility and wellness. Study? Parent juggling? Everyone has different needs and the business will support you in the best way we can. Some people work remotely, some with flex start and finish times...the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs. With annual wellness bonuses of $605 + annually refreshing your WFH space with $300, you'll be supported to do your thang.
- Support for working parents. 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents (we don't distinguish between a primary and secondary carer), which can be accessed part time or any way you want it over the first 18 months, which you can access from day 1 of joining. We also pay superannuation for paid and unpaid parental leave for 18months!
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99designs provide one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit!
- 99d are also a Proud Code Like a Girl internship partner, host of Girl Geek Academy hack days, & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
Sound interesting? Apply, say hi! We'd love to chat