Assignar is a cloud-based construction tech startup that was originally born in Australia and is now based in Denver, Colorado. The team is spread both coasts in Australia and the US. Co-founder and CEO Sean McCreanor was a contractor himself for many years and grew frustrated with the lack of offerings available to run the operations of his business. So, as in the case of many founders, he set out to create the technology he wished existed. Assignar works with hundreds of customers, ranging from multinational, multi-billion-dollar companies to specialist contractors with as few as five crews.
Assignar is leading the way in digital construction operations built for construction contractors. Assignar’s all-in-one platform enables teams to unlock the power of data and real-time visibility on jobsites to successfully schedule the right workers to the right projects, track equipment efficiently and make well-informed decisions for future projects based on past performance.
In 2021, Assignar raised a $20 million Series B funding round led by real estate tech-focused venture firm Fifth Wall, Tola Capital and Ironspring Capital. Investor demand was so high that in late 2021, Assignar raised a $16.5 million secondary round. Also invested in the company is OIF Ventures, Tiger Global, HighSage Ventures and SecondQuarter Ventures.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to work with our post-sales team and help manage our customers' post-sales relationship. You will be an Assignar champion. This role will involve providing the initial technical support with our product, maintaining customer relationships with our clients, manage the onboarding process.
You will work cross-functionally with many different teams, including Product, Marketing, Sales and Engineering. You will be responsible for passing on all customer feedback and concerns for the teams to execute on. Whether that is passing on input about a new product feature or feedback about the latest campaign to the marketing team. You will help to connect all the dots.
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer-facing role.
- Past exposure to onboarding and problem solving for customers, preferably with a SaaS-based platform.
- Experience working cross-functionally across Product, Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. With the ability to explain complex concepts concisely. You will need to feel confident talking with business owners and engaging with them about the operations and work activities.
- Bonus if you have an understanding of the construction industry landscape and its daily operations.
- Highly organised and excellent time management.
- Understanding how to build a CX process and be able to demonstrate that with clients.
- Understand and anticipate our customer's needs, becoming a trustworthy advisor.
- Manage a few different regions, look after 60-100 accounts at any given time and be involved with all of the other Assignar teams to ensure that we have aligned OKRs for the business.
- Learn about our customer’s challenges and take the time to understand the desired outcomes to help solve their business needs.
- Be analytically focused. Our business is run on numbers, and so are you.
- Build relationships with customers. To truly embrace the role, you need to have fun with customers whilst showing patience and attentiveness.
What success looks like
In the first month, you will get a full induction to Assignar to truly understand the product. You will get to meet the whole Customer Success team and the departments you are working cross-functionally with for the best customer outcomes. By the end of the first month, you will be working with your first set of customers. You will start to go onsite to meet our customers.
By the end of the second month, you have already begun to form solid relationships and answer all questions they may have in a timely manner. By the end of the third month, you will have grasped the onboarding process with customers and be able to predict their initial needs. You will also have reached out to the initial set of customers and are reaching out to them to check they are fly utilising the product.
You will be reporting to Trent McCreanor, Director for APAC at Assignar. Trent has worked in operations management within the construction industry for over 10 years; he understands the importance of safety, compliance and efficiency within an organisation. He encourages his teams to innovate as much as possible and is passionate about helping all of the companies Assignar works with overcome obstacles.
At Assignar, we offer a flexible arrangement including remote work arrangements. We also offer an amazing established team culture that connects digitally and in person. We have quarterly and yearly celebrations. We offer very competitive packages along with other benefits. This is a great opportunity to spend time with seasoned executives in our business and take on more broad responsibility across a fast-growing Company.
We are headquartered in Denver CO, with an office in Sydney, Australia, and remote employees stationed throughout Australia and the US.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.