The bit about us:
As a global fintech company, Openpay are defining the next generation of payments. We believe people and businesses should have freedom and flexibility in how they pay with no hidden catches.
Openpay (ASX: OPY) is an omni-channel payment solution that provides customers with flexible, interest-free payment plans, in-store, online and through the Openpay App. Available in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK with our launch into the US. Currently underway!
In doing so we’re changing the way people pay, for the better, and we’d love you to join us in our mission. As an established Australian business, we’re continuing to supercharge our growth by turning the world Amber. That’s right, “Aussie Amber” (our Marketing Team nailed that one!) This Amberfication is led by in-store, mobile app and on-line payments.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps function to support the growth of our technology team in Melbourne. Reporting to our DevOps lead, this role will have you working across our agile teams to build and enhance tools and infrastructure required for continuous delivery. It is a great opportunity for an experienced DevOps professional or a developer with the right experience and a passion for assisting teams
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Driving the automation strategy for software development, testing and deployment to improve platform reliability and resilience
- Supporting the development of cloud applications including containerised and serverless architectures.
- Managing continuous delivery pipelines and toolsets for development teams
- Driving the adoption of DevOps practices to enable teams
The Team you’ll be joining
We believe every new team member has an opportunity to add to our culture – we’re a vibrant team of Podcasters, Ultra-Marathoners, Weightlifters, Chess Players, Students and more, so we’re looking for people who want to be part of a diverse and ever changing team.
As we grow, we change, so you’ll be flexible, willing to evolve as our systems and processes do. Always tenacious, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities and will be quick to bounce back if you encounter a setback. Most importantly, you’ll be kind - our team appreciate and support each other (particularly this year) so you’ll want to be part of that team spirit.
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience working with or managing cloud infrastructure and cloud services
- Experience building and managing container-based infrastructure using Docker
- Experience with IaC technologies (CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc)
- Experience constructing and managing deployment pipelines (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Experience deploying and managing .NET web applications and .NET application modernisation
- Experience administering and using observability tools (Datadog preferred)
- Scripting experience in Shell/Bash, Python, PowerShell or Typescript
- Sound software development expertise and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3 to 4 years of AWS/Cloud experience
- ECS or Kubernetes experience
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Short-listed candidates will be advised by telephone. Please note, due to the requirements of this role, candidates must have full working rights in Australia.
Openpay is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.