We’re an Australian, venture-backed edtech startup with global ambitions and an overarching mission to improve education. Our in-house content production, tech, sales and support functions are unified in supporting secondary students and teachers across Australia to achieve outstanding learning outcomes with our innovative educational resources.
At Edrolo, we believe that improving education takes more than building great resources and selling them to schools. Coming off the back of our $40 million Series B, we’re building the next generation of resources to transform Australian classrooms from years 7–10. This means we’re massively expanding the numbers of schools, students, and teachers we’re supporting. To achieve our mission to improve education, our schools need great support – your job will be to enable and empower our Client Support Team to make this happen.
About the role
Your role will be to work with a team of people to understand and prioritise the problems we need to solve (and opportunities that exist) in the scaling challenge we face. You will help design and build solutions to meet the challenge in front of us.
Our Client Support Operations Team is responsible for building the systems and processes that help our Client Support Team use to assist hundreds of thousands of students and teachers across the country. Some of the things this team will tackle in the next six months include:
- Overhauling our internal knowledge management system and building a strong culture of knowledge sharing around this
- Helping figure out key metrics to track team member performance and ensure we’re maintaining very high quality standards as our team expands
- Putting in place cross-functional workflows with other teams at Edrolo to deliver a seamless client experience
- Getting deep into Zendesk to clean up tiers, triggers, and workflows
- Exploring new opportunity spaces such as answer bot, chat, and more
- Retiring our old phone system and putting in place a replacement
- Investigating and making a recommendation on implementing skills based routing
As you can see, we’ve plenty of huge opportunities to look at and big questions to answer – this is only the tip of the iceberg and you’ll be deeply involved in helping determine what we can and should tackle next.
The Client Support Operations team is newly established and as such, you will need to be comfortable with doing different roles and excited about the unknown.
Does the following sound like you?
- You care deeply about client support – it’s your life’s work and you want to build a long-term career in the space
- You’re strongly aligned with our mission to improve education, and want to work with a community of people working together to make a difference in the world
- You love to dig in deep on a problem, scoping it out and consulting stakeholders until you really understand it
- You are solution oriented. Once you’ve grasped a problem, you want to help plan and execute solutions to alleviate pain points
- You are comfortable using metrics and data to make a case, track progress and show measurable outcomes
- You possess a growth mindset and understand the importance of reflecting on prior work in order to learn from what worked and what didn’t, in order to help yourself and others continually improve
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves - you get satisfaction from getting stuff done, this is a newly created role in a startup after all
- You have strong planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills, and embrace a flexible and changing plan to focus on the next most important thing
- You’re available to work onsite in office hours from our Melbourne CBD office and from home
Requisite skills and experience
- At least three years experience working in client support – be this a contact centre, generalist support or support operations role, or another SaaS support environment
- At least some experience in either a support operations role, or working on support operations projects
- You can demonstrate that you have achieved clear and measurable results in the projects you’ve worked on (e.g. achieving key CS metrics through project implementation)
- Experience in developing, implementing, and reporting on metrics as part of project or other work
- Some experience in project planning and coordination
- Strong knowledge of customer support metrics, tools, and trends
- At least two years experience in building workflows and processes
- Desirable: automation, and/or knowledge and training
About the offer
We’re looking forward to great new Edrollers joining our team and want to empower them to achieve great things with us. In return we’re offering the opportunity to:
- Convenient Melbourne CBD location and the best view around
- Flexible working hours and a ‘wear what you want’ policy
- Clear growth pathways for exceptional team members
- Be part of an organisation that genuinely believes in its mission to improve education
- Access true career development and progression opportunities driven by fast business growth
- Make a meaningful contribution to our clients and end users
- Work alongside talented, passionate and fun colleagues
- Have the opportunity to shape the strategy and roadmap of an exciting new area of Client Support
We’re actively looking for great talent to join us and we’re recruiting for these positions on a rolling basis.
- Click apply and tell us about you and your interest in this position. We look for applicants who can demonstrate their passion for our mission and their genuine interest in this role
- We believe in transparency and in our conversations with applicants we’ll share with you what the rest of the process looks like
- Unfortunately at this time we are only able to consider applicants with Australian working rights for this position