Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
We want people who are passionate about cloud services and global technology
The IT Manager for the APAC region will be based out of our Melbourne office. The IT Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee the overall operation of the Catapult IT department to ensure it aligns with the overall business objectives and requirements of the organization.
The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
This individual’s principal goals are to develop and manage overall WAN/LAN Network related items and Cloud Operations Services, Servers, Backups & Monitoring 24x7x365 to ensure that agreed upon uptime objectives and SLAs are met.
The IT Manager will plan, define, and coordinate all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage IT department operational and planning, including soliciting business requirements, project planning and organization/allocation of resources.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to, department leads, support staff and end users - as required/requested.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for proposed IT spending and initiatives.
- Monitor, benchmark and analyze operations and uptime to report and make recommendations for the improvement of the overall IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop and document requirements for hardware, software, upgrades, maintenance and support contracts. Review internally in preparation for soliciting proposals from vendors. Review vendor proposals received for compliance with stated requirements before vendor selection is made.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including phone systems, help desk and technical support services, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all networking, hardware and software
- Implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage IT staff, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems
- 5 years related IT and/or Cloud Operations work experience.
- CCNA or equivalent experience
- VMware or equivalent experience
- AWS SysOps Administrator / Cloud Practitioner or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Experience, & Attributes
- Proven experience in IT network and infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management and policy development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.