Our Finance team consists of Financial Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Legal, Risk & Controls and Procurement. As trusted business partners, we support all teams across THE ICONIC to drive growth, value and operational excellence at minimal risk so we can continue to deliver a seamless and inspiring experience to our customers.
Our Financial Reporting Team applies broad knowledge and experience to support our truly unique and innovative business. Our team is empowered to partner with stakeholders from other business departments, to senior management and our executive team, as well as internationally with the team at Global Fashion Group. Working together, our close-knit team keep our ideas and innovation projects on track, reporting on financial performance and budgetary requirements.
Reporting to our Financial Reporting Manager, your primary focus will be to support the accurate and effective management of the financial reporting functions. You will be involved in loads of exciting process improvement projects, team OKRs and preparing audit reviews.
- Play an instrumental part in delivering the monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting including the key functions of periodic close, statutory and group reporting.
- Responsible for the preparation of bank, term deposit, credit card and buyer loan reconciliations
- Overseeing fixed asset register including additions, disposals, depreciation and reporting
- Preparation of accounts receivable/payable reconciliations. Working closely with the AP/AR team to monitor and resolve aged balances.
- Supporting the Senior Financial Accountant in managing and reporting overheads
- Preparation of Australian Bureau of Statistics surveys
- Adhoc duties as and when required
- Contributor to all finance projects that improve processes, policies, and procedures
- Foster an innovative team culture and look for opportunities to drive innovation in all processes and finance practices.
- CA/CPA qualified with at least 2 years of exceptional post qualification experience as a financial accountant in a large, complex commercial business.
- Experience with medium to large ERP and reporting systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365 and OneStream highly regarded).
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel skills and interpreting large data.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work under pressure
What’s on offer
- This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! Our huge Fulfilment Centre is based in Yennora, Western Sydney and has a neat new office to work out of at times.
- A competitive remuneration package on offer with a whole lot of additional benefits
- An outstanding opportunity for a self-starter to reach their full potential in a dynamic and exciting Brand
- The support of a highly professional and fantastic team
- A fast-paced work environment where you will benefit from ongoing training and development
- A forward-thinking company that encourages work-life balance with flexible working options
- Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]