SQL Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
At THE ICONIC, innovation drives us; we believe that innovation should not be sitting in a silo team but rather be part of everyone and everything we do & deliver. Every person in tech has a voice and we find that our best products are achieved through collaboration (usually over a coffee in front of a whiteboard).
We have over 120 people in tech, not to mention 45 nationalities (and counting!) This means that our skills and experience are diverse, allowing for greater collaboration and constant learning. All of our teams are cross-functional, mission-driven and able to iterate from inception to production (DevOps mentality) without being blocked or having to ask permission from other teams. We love to move fast and validate learning using data (lucky for us our Data Science & Analytics team is world-class!)
Our Data Science & Analytics team works to solve complex problems on some of the most sophisticated algorithms to propel our business forward as their insights feed into our decision making. The team is curious, value individual contributions and enjoy learning from each other.
We are looking for a Senior DBA who can take ownership of our SQL Server High Availability Cluster and maintain MySql and Postgres data stores. Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting theiconic.com.au each month, so data is critical.
You will be working in an agile environment providing DBA support to THE ICONIC as a leader in the online retail space.
Ideally you will have experience in the below:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- 5+ years SQL Server DBA experience including Enterprise Cluster / HA
- Ability to support PostgreSQL and MySql
- Data Migration experience
- Strong query performance and optimisation experience
- Data security experience
- Strong SQL skills
- SQL Server always-on / high availability
- Managing Windows Clustered environment
Experience with the following a plus
- SSAS Cube experience
- Experience with warehouse data models (Snowflake schema, star schemas etc)
- Visual Studio 2017 experience for Cube Development (or SSDT)
- AWS including Redshift data experience
- Google Big Query exposure
- Data compression and partitioning experience
- Retail/ Ecommerce
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- We believe knowledge is power, therefore you’ll have access to THE ICONIC learning bank which is a suite of tools & funds to allow you to drive your own learning experience
- You will also get 2 extra paid learning days a year and we empower our people to work flexibly to meet the needs of their role.
- Feel free to skip the commute and work from home. On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and learning bank
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sale
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
- Feel supported beyond your day job with flexible hours, part time, paid parental leave, additional personal leave, family friendly workplace, first day of school off, birthday leave
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]