Come and join the Littlepay Engineering team! We're building a game changing micropayment platform for the transit industry that our customers love. Our platform simplifies transit payments for travellers, operators and partners. Our shared ambition is to be the world’s leading and most trusted provider of payment infrastructure for public transit and mobility.
Being part of the Littlepay team will give you the chance to work in a fantastic professional working environment, revolutionising the way people pay for transit on a global scale. We offer a competitive salary with flexible work conditions. At Littlepay, we believe great people build great products and we are committed to providing the opportunities and support you need for professional and personal development.
We are looking for talented engineers to join our highly skilled team, delivering on our exciting product roadmap and scaling our platform as we continue to expand across the globe. As a Software Engineer, you will take ownership for the delivery of products and insights, adding value for internal and external customers. You will need to be curious, self sufficient and motivated to maximise the value that can be brought from our data.
You'll be working with colleagues who
- Are passionate about collaborative product development
- Care about quality and writing clean, maintainable, well-tested code
- Are strong advocates of best practices and continuous improvement
- Take end-to-end ownership for delivery of product functionality
- Enjoy solving complex and interesting problems in an agile team setting
About our platform tech
- Java/Spring/NodeJs microservices
- Open source and AWS technologies (ECS/RDS/DynamoDB/S3/SQS/APIGateway/Lambda), IaC (Cloudformation)
What you’ll need:
- Solid Java/Spring skills with experience across the stack
- RESTful API experience
- An awesome attitude and a collaborative nature
- Willingness to learn, fail, and try again
- You are curious, proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to comprehend, co-ordinate, and communicate clearly and effectively on a wide range of issues with colleagues
We also value experience in
What’s great about working with us at Littlepay:
- Genuine career pathways into senior roles
- Inclusive and diverse team who celebrates the uniquenesses we all bring to the company, whether neurological, cultural, gender and sexual identities, background etc
- Significant learning and development programs
- International travel opportunities
- Littlepay company wide public holiday
- Internship and mentorship programs and opportunities
- We understand people have complex lives and we want you to feel comfortable to bring your authentic self to work
If you’ve been shortlisted for the role, a People and Culture team member will be in touch to organise an online interview with someone from the engineering team. The first interview will be an opportunity for us to get to know each other. Following a successful first meeting, a panel discussion with some of our devs and a short work preferences questionnaire helps us to learn more about the way you prefer to work. If you require any accommodations for any stage in the interview process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
If you don’t meet all of the criteria (we know that some minority groups and women tend to avoid applying if they don’t), please still apply. We really enjoy meeting diverse people who might bring a fresh perspective on a problem we need to solve!