Employment Hero is one of Australia's fastest-growing tech companies. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. Having expanded globally in late 2020 we will continue to grow rapidly in 2021 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First’ approach with our team. We don’t mind if you live in Broome, Bendigo or Bondi, if you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you.
We are on the lookout for a passionate, critical thinking, problem solving Solution Architect to come and join our ever-growing technology team. In this growth role you will have the ability to utilise your deep technical knowledge and work with cross-functional teams to design, orchestrate and implement features that will go above and beyond our business needs and vision.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Drive platform architecture and its consistent application across functional areas, concerning Front-end and Back-end developments
- Design of common system components; work collaboratively with system developers to build best-practice componentry with focus on performance, stability and security
- Collaboration, coaching and mentoring of Engineering team members, be a trusted consultant for design concerns and set the standards for coding practices
- Continuous review of system performance and identification of optimisation opportunities
- Ownership of software performance metrics (response times) and key metrics for ongoing improvement
- Collaborate closely with the Security team to ensure system and data protection is fully compliant with developing needs
- Oversight of third-party componentry and integrations in use, monitoring and drive consolidation to a single solution for each purpose
- Ability to build cases describing costs and benefits for change initiatives
- 5+ years designing complex systems as a Senior Engineer or specialist role including software architecture design and deployment
- 7+ years of programming experience in designing and developing APIs, microservices, web applications, mobile applications, real-time applications
- Solid understanding and high capabilities of databases, data integration & data query tools
- Strong communication and written skills, particularly around system documentation and descriptions
- Experience working with large teams, collaboration and negotiation skills and ability to describe benefits and be a champion for change
- Knowledge of and advocate for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Software Engineering best practices
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Masters or higher qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced SaaS environment
- Aptitude test: criteria cognitive aptitude test; pass mark >= 85 with an average throughout all 3 components of the test
- Personality Test: Employee Personality Profile (a measurement of resilience)
- Personality Test: Customer Service Aptitude Profile (a measurement of customer-centricity and how they work with others)
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
* Dynamic Business Top 10 Entrepreneurs, our CEO Ben Thompson ranked #2
* BRW Most Innovative Companies 2015
* Anthill Smart 100 List 2015
* Startup Daily Top 50 Emerging Leaders 2015
* HRD Employer of Choice Award 2015
* Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2013