What’s it like working at Afterpay?
Welcome to the rocketship! We’re a rapidly growing team with one vision: to become the world’s most loved way to pay. Our Australian-made buy now pay later service has revolutionised the retail sector by allowing our customers to receive their purchases and then pay them off in instalments, all without having to pay upfront fees and interest.
We're on a mission to shape an economy in which everyone wins 🚀
About the role
We have an opportunity for an Engineering Manager to lead our Money Movement Platform pods within the Merchant team. This role will lead team members who are based in Sydney and Melbourne. We are looking for a leader with a people first approach who can enable their team work on some of the major technical changes across the Money Movement Platform. This is an amazing opportunity for an Engineering Manager to grow an established team in Sydney and Melbourne.
What you’ll be doing
· Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
· Work closely with the technical talent team to secure Engineering talent for the Money Movement Platform pods
· Participate in the technical development and maintenance of Afterpay standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
· Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable
· Undergo performance reviews and daily people management across the team
· Proactively manage issues early to avoid bigger problems later
· Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
·. Ensure the team is collaborating closely with key stakeholders, such as Product Managers.
· Experienced leading teams in fast paced and complex environments
· Passionate about coaching and people development
· An outcome focused and collaborative approach
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Passionate about adding to and growing an organisation’s engineering culture
· Enjoy driving the technical and product vision within the domain you operate in
What are the perks?
· Flexible work from home arrangements (Hybrid or fully remote model of working)
· Equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave
· Beautiful office space in Surrey Hills with all snacks, beverages and catered meals
· Open training accounts and certification reimbursements
· Additional wellness days (extra days of leave) and company-wide wellness hours
· Afterpay swag, did someone say Afterpay socks?
· Paid team outings, UberEats Vouchers & Afterpay credit on Afterpay day!
Interested? Click ‘Apply!’