We’re an Australian, venture-backed edtech company helping to improve school education for 250,000+ students in 1,100+ schools through innovative and high-quality teaching and learning resources. Following our recent $40 million Series B raise, we’re building the next generation of resources to transform Australian classrooms from Years 7–10. This is in addition to the catalogue of market-leading resources we already have for senior secondary school students in Vic, NSW and QLD.
About the opportunity
You’ll join the current Head of Marketing to build our new marketing function. Whilst we’ve been improving education for almost 10 years, our success has been through partnering directly with schools. With a stellar new national catalogue of resources being built, almost 200 Edrollers working across Australia, and global ambitions, the time is right to scale and level-up our marketing activities. You’ll collaborate with the Head of Marketing, Sales team and across the organisation, both tactically and strategically, to identify and execute ideas that build our brand, grow our audience, and offer value to the teachers and students already using Edrolo. You’ll own our content pipeline, social channels and lead demand marketing for the entire sales funnel.
If you’re looking to work in a mission-driven, high-growth environment, where you’ll work with amazing colleagues and be backed to do stunning work, then look no further.
What you’ll do
- Lead strategy: Develop and execute Edrolo’s channel and content strategies, and work with the Executive, Head of Marketing and broader Sales team, to identify and execute activities that help build the brand, generate leads, and connect our existing client teachers and students.
- Be creative and drive growth: Own and grow Edrolo’s social and digital channels including website, blog, social (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook), and YouTube.
- Be a collaborative storyteller: Establish and own our content funnel and develop content for our blog, EDMs, and social channels, across the full marketing funnel, working with our internal content experts and clients.
- Plan and coordinate: Execute multi-channel digital marketing campaigns for existing products and new releases, including social advertising and Google Ads, reporting on effectiveness of each campaign with actionable insights.
- Collaborate as a team: Work with our internal design and digital teams, and external agencies, to brief and deliver collateral to support our marketing activities.
- Drive data-informed business decisions: Monitor and report social media and website analytics (including SEO), to review effectiveness and inform future strategy.
- Write and review copy for a broad range of key comms across the business including brochures and client emails, and help level-up the quality and impact of our collateral.
- Scope and plan future growing our marketing presence, including establishing our presence on Instagram, TikTok, PR and media.
- Lead/ assist with other marketing activities as needed, including planning and reporting, events/ conferences, stakeholder engagement and being a source of expertise and guidance for the Sales team.
Does the following sound like you?
- Improving education for young people is important to you, and you understand the power this can have on individuals, their communities, and the world.
- You’re a superstar with social media, and know how to get the most of Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, with the know-how about the relevant analytics and metrics to back it up.
- You pride yourself on your standout writing and proofreading skills, and love writing for an array of channels and audiences.
- You have a few years’ experience working in marketing, to know the ropes well and to bring ideas to help us improve.
- You’ve got experience in common marketing tools like HubSpot and Google Ads, and can help us sharpen our use of tools across EDMs, and social (we’ve got Vero for EDM and no social tools in place)
- Ideally you have web experience including web publishing (we are currently migrating to Webflow), SEO, Google Analytics and Tag Manager.
- You’re a keen learner, what you don’t know you’ll work out and solve
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves - you get satisfaction from getting stuff done, this is a newly created role in a startup after all.
- You’re excited to build new processes and practices - you balance passion and enthusiasm and passion for your craft, with a healthy dose of pragmatism to know that we need to build strong foundations first.
- You have strong planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills, and embrace a flexible and changing plan to focus on the next most important thing.
- You possess a growth mindset and orientation towards continuous improvement and learning.
About the offer
We’re looking forward to a great new Edroller joining our team, and want to empower you to achieve things that make you proud. In return we’re offering the opportunity to:
- be part of an organisation where we are all connected in our mission to improve education
- access true career development and progression opportunities driven by fast business growth
- access professional self-development through your own professional development fund
- make a meaningful contribution to our Edroller community and our newly-created marketing team
- flexible working hours, casual dress, and access to a new office spaces if you’re based in either Melbourne or Sydney
- work alongside talented, passionate and fun colleagues.