Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
You will be a hands-on Lead Analyst responsible for working with a highly effective global team to develop ongoing analysis and reports in support of optimising User Journeys, Checkout flow optimisation, and AB Testing.
You will also analyse business performance, deliver data-driven business insights for decision making, and provide insights on product features, customer behavior, and communicate findings with internal stakeholders and external clients.
You can think strategically and deep dive into data sets to deliver high-level, or detailed well-structured models and analysis. You will succeed by combining analytical insight, technical proficiency, business acumen, and the ability to collaborate and influence your key partners.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Work closely with the leadership and product teams to understand their business intelligence and insights needs
- Build and maintain an analytics framework with scalable solutions to spot trends quickly, understand opportunities, and articulate recommendations to business stakeholders
- Assist the Product teams in developing methodologies/frameworks to accurately assess and measure impact on our business strategy
- Empower product teams to expand to new verticals and new markets. With ongoing support to define and measure ROI and Uplift from this program
- Contribute to training sessions, hold technical educational talks that reach beyond your immediate team.
- Understand how Checkout systems interact with other tools/processes (e.g. Risk Decisioning, LaunchDarkly, Amplitude, Payments, etc) and build robust frameworks with Data Engineering as a result.
- Introduce new methods/computing languages/tools to the team to solve problems more effectively, while making the best use of existing tools (e.g. optimisation of data mart design or query scheduler tasks etc).
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You have strong technical skills, can manage results for multiple business domains, define and execute long-term strategies.
- You stay current on data science trends and best practices.
- You influence and recommend changes to key modeling/analytical methodologies, including but not limited to tagging, experimentation, forecasting, etc.
- You use excellent professional judgment to make the correct decisions or recommendations based on data under ambiguity.
- You take an active interest in the success of those around you.
- You're seen as a thought leader and subject matter expert to junior team members on the team.
- You have deep knowledge and relevant experience in Consumer Profiling, Behaviour modeling, and AB or multivariate testing, and are able to leverage this to drive and influence outcomes.
- You have advanced analytic and programming (R/Python/SQL) skills and can write, troubleshoot, simplify and optimise complex queries and analytical tasks.
- You can automate complicated and repetitive tasks & can provide effective training to team members to drive efficiency.
- You can evaluate analytics and data initiative designs for important projects and drive improvement.
- Typically you would have a Bachelor's degree, + 8 years of relevant working experience, or master's degree from quantitative fields with 5+ years relevant experience, or a Ph.D. degree from quantitative fields with 3+ years experience.
- People management experience is a plus.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Sydney and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!