Founded in 2013, Moula is an Australian fintech dedicated to backing good business. Providing business finance solutions across lending and payments, we empower businesses to access capital without using assets. We've developed a unique platform that will analyse a business' data, making the process simple, fast and friendly. With our ‘heads and hearts’ approach, we’re focused on combining data, automation and tech, with a personal, human experience.
As we continue to scale, we’re creating exciting opportunities. Come and join our super talented team and find out why we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Startup (2019).
About the role
The Developer Team Lead, or as we like to call it internally ‘Squad Lead’ is a key contributor to team and individuals success through empowering their squad and driving innovation. This role will be a mix of team leadership and hands on development including new functionality and enhancing existing systems.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering you will lead a newly created squad of mobile developers that build and maintain our mobile app. As a Squad Lead you will be identifying and allocating technical development areas in your squad, along with providing on the job coaching, inspiring and mentoring. Making up a pivotal part in the hiring process, you will continue to help us find smart people that above all love technology.
- Be an agent for change in researching, developing, and advocating for improved internal tools and processes, quality, security, efficiency and modern best practice adoption.
- Actively explore and recommend modern web technology, tools and techniques.
- Drive for success in a collaborative, team-oriented Agile environment — participating in or facilitating all team activities; provide constructive feedback and status updates to other team members and the Product Owner; and work to continually improve outcomes through iterative development and process refinement.
- Leverage and grow team capabilities and identify strengths and gaps to improve overall project outcomes whilst readily providing feedback. Execute formal performance management as needed (alongside People team)
- Work with the team to update and develop software and process documentation.
- Plan, write and test software that will make the business meet and ideally exceed its ambitious goals
- You have experience leading teams from a technical perspective with strong people management skills that enable you to be an effective mentor and coach
- Previous experience in mobile development (React Native) within a commercial environment is essential
- Have successfully structured teams around Agile methodologies
- Azure platform and/or experience with other cloud computing technologies
- Have adopted/promoted Continuous integration and deployment
- GraphQL experience is highly desirable
- You have a sound understanding of different types of system architecture, for example event based models and microservices, SOA, modular monoliths, pros and cons of each
- You understand and advocate clean, readable code and are capable of recognizing and removing code complexity, for example can discuss OOP and FP vs Procedural programming, SOLID principles and Design Patterns and applications of these in frontend mobile development
- You apply best practices and methodology for software testing, TDD and BDD are concepts that you can talk comfortably about and ideally are a strong advocate for implementing them
We don’t know it all. We’re not looking for someone who does. But you’ll need to be prepared to roll your sleeves up, be curious, and keep pushing until you’ve found the boundary. We don’t believe in perfect, but we do believe in testing, learning, and asking more questions than any of us had thought of to start with.
We’re a quirky bunch, we love a good laugh, and we’re not afraid to face a challenge head on. No two of us are alike, so to fit in, you’ll need a good dose of different.