Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Operations Support Team Leader, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and mentoring of the Collections team in Melbourne, as well as managing requests from our third-party collections vendors.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Drive strong collections and customer service strategies to ensure internal and external stakeholders are supported
- Manage and monitor workflow, incoming requests and queue management
- Monitor quality, productivity and service standards of the team to ensure SLAs are met
- Manage relationships with collections vendors
- Support and contribute to the creation and implementation of projects and strategies
- Develop and support an efficient and responsive team
- Partner with the wider business, including Customer Service and Finance
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have demonstrable leadership experience in a Collections environment
- Your strong knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation, including Debt Collections Guidelines, NCCP and Australian Privacy Principles will be highly regarded
- You have sound knowledge of Debt Recoveries
- You have the drive and willingness to join a fast-paced, scaling business
- You’re passionate about mentoring, motivating and celebrating positive individual and team results
- Your previous experience working with third party collections vendors will be highly regarded
- You have strong time management and customer service skills
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.