- Providing leadership, support and motivation to a squad of software engineers.
- Creating learning and development plans to expedite the career progression of those you lead.
- Working closely with your squad Product Manager to understand the needs of the customer and the business so that you can contribute to shaping our products.
- Contributing to the technical design and architecture of software/platforms.
- Hands-on, both writing code and also driving code quality by conducting code reviews, unit, integration and other automated tests.
- Managing initiative scope before, during and post–delivery, including estimations.
- Identifying and removing bottlenecks that impede the progress of initiatives.
- Ensuring the regular delivery of product features and initiatives in accordance with Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Evangelising software engineering at Rezdy through things such as blogs, events, meet-ups and roundtables.
- 6+ years engineering/development experience - full stack development using:
- Java (required).
- TypeScript (good understanding required).
- ReactJS (good understanding required).
- PHP (decent understanding required).
- 1+ years experience having software engineering direct reports (managing and leading).
- Experience working within Agile/devOps development environments.
- Good experience working with modern, cloud based architectures, RESTful APIs, event driven services, serverless and CI/CD.
- Cloud infrastructure experience required - AWS specific experience an advantage.
- A deep understanding of, along with experience using, fundamental software engineering (including automated testing, observability and security) principles and practices.
- Strong organisational and communication skills with experience developing & instilling a collaborative engineering culture.
- Computer Science / Software Engineering degree, as well as any relevant AWS Solutions Architect certification(s) or similar, may be an advantage.
Why Join Us?
● How do you like the sound of company-wide social events, team outings, and exclusive discounts on tours and activities?
● Work with a fascinating product in a high growth tech-thirsty industry.
● Passionate team with opportunity to work across exciting projects, you can own it and make it happen!
● Opportunities to step up for high achievers.
● Diverse Scaleup culture.
● Your Rezdy anniversary day off to thank you for a great year!
● Companywide innovative and collaborative hack events every quarter.
● Our Engineers are doing innovative stuff in Hackathon and Shipit!
● We’re ones to watch - Capterra top 5 companies to watch in 2020.
● We’re growing fast - Deloitte Tech Fast 50 2019.
● We’re a winning brand - Capterra Ease of Use winner 2018.
● We’re a startup that’s going places - ranked 11th in Australia, and top 500 globally.
We believe in nurturing an adventurous spirit; owning it and making it happen and achieving more together - these are our values!
How to apply
The opportunities to share this success are limitless. What are you waiting for?
Come and join us on this adventure by clicking the apply button, we look forward to connecting.