Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you
How you can help make a better world of work
The Data Platform team is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling that enables Culture Amp to succeed with data. This includes our Data Lake, Data Warehouse, ML and Data Science tooling, and core ETL pipelines.
Data Engineers in this team build and maintain the platform to be robust, scalable, and cost-effective, while empowering our users (analysts, data scientists, ML engineers) to do their best work.
As part of this team of amazing humans,
- Design and implement core functionality of the data platform across our Redshift warehouse and S3/Presto data lake
- Identify opportunities to improve the experience of analysts, data scientists, and ML engineers using the platform
- Ensure our data platform is robust, reliable, cost-effective, and protects the privacy and security of our users’ data
- Solid software engineering fundamentals (such as version control, TDD)
- Experience working with with CI/CD and infrastructure-as-code, especially AWS CDK
- Familiarity with data offerings in the AWS cloud, such as Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR, and SageMaker
- Exposure to modern data management practices and tools, across ETL/ELT, data quality, governance, monitoring, etc.
- A team player who values collaboration above individual achievement
- Self-driven and proactive in coming up with creative solutions to problems and new ideas to improve the value we get out of our data
- Someone who loves having an impact through enabling others with platforms and tooling
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
MacBooks for you to do your best work
Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!