EstimateOne is an Australian-born SaaS platform and one of AFR’s 2022 Best Places to Work in Australia and NZ. Headquartered in Richmond, Melbourne, our ambition is to become the global industry standard procurement platform in the commercial construction industry. Our platform connects Builders, Subcontractors and Suppliers and supports better decision-making by all parties.
About the role
This is an exciting role for a Senior Business Analyst to join EstimateOne, which will see you bridge the gap between various stakeholders and the development team, ensuring that the software solutions delivered align with business goals and user needs.
This team has a broad and deep remit spanning Subscription, Billing and Payments (SBP) enablement and commercialisation. The main project that the team is working on is building functionality to enable SBP, in particular, migrating to Chargebee as our subscription management platform as well as supporting enabling tooling such as GoCardless and Salesforce.
This Senior Business Analyst role will support the team's delivery by:
- Ensuring stakeholders are both heard and kept up to date about the team
- Capturing and communicating system requirements for the team
- Documenting and communicating system functionality for users
- Facilitating stakeholder training, usage and handover through communication, training, documentation and sign-off of system functionality.
- Supporting the team's delivery, ways of working and continuous improvement
- Working with a range of wider stakeholders including the CTO, Engineering Manager, Engineers, Product Manager, Chief Customer & Commercial Officer, General managers and Head of Functions (Finance, Design, Sales, etc).
In addition, the role will take on some project management and coordination responsibilities taking a disciplined macro view of time, resource, budget, risk and issue management.
We're looking for smart people who are keen to hustle and collaborate - it's that simple. The ability to champion our values matters to us; we care about our team and you'll be joining a group of people who want each other to be happy and successful.
- You’ve got a good track record in Business Analyst roles within a SaaS organisation (across subscriptions and billing is a bonus!)
- You are passionate about solving customer problems
- You have a strong desire to improve the team’s delivery
- You have a strong desire to help the business get value from our customers commensurate with the value we give to them
- You’re a clear and transparent communicator of progress and also needs
- You have strong Business Analysis knowledge and a willingness to uplift the team.
- You’re a systems thinker interested in improving the efficiency of internal team processes and tooling
- You’re willing to understand the customer and business problems and help determine pragmatic ways to solve them
- You want to be part of the all-important cash register for a high-growth business. You’re interested in the commercial engine of a business - how to efficiently and effectively take payments, manage subscriptions and support flexible billing.
- You like to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty wherever you can
- We are flexible about hours. You don't have to work full-time, although we'd love it if you did - part-time is an option for all of our roles.
- You'll need to be a great communicator and a fluent English speaker.
- You'll need to be legally eligible to work in Australia.
- Formal training/education is nice, but not a hard requirement (after all, our founder dropped out of university after six weeks...)
There’s more to working at EstimateOne than just creating game-changing technology for the construction industry. We know that to reach the lofty goals we set ourselves we need to look after our team, our shareholders and the industry we serve. These are just a few of the things we offer:
- Flexible working hours & the ability to work from home
- $5,000 each year to put towards your professional development
- 5 days of entrepreneurial leave per year, to work on your side projects and make them come to life
- Generous paid parental leave & volunteer leave
- $500 each year to create your perfect work from home set-up
- Business-wide activities each quarter (think escape rooms, pottery, cooking classes, lawn bowls, games afternoons)
- We also match not-for-profit donations 2:1 - to name a few!
EstimateOne is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, let us know when you apply so we can support you. As a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we also commit to responding to every applicant.