Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
The Director, Business Intelligence is a newly-created, highly visible position reporting to the CFO. Based in Melbourne, the role is primarily responsible for driving Catapult to effectively harness the power of data to make better decisions across all aspects of the business.
A key focus will be to build the next generation analytics platform, turning data into actionable insights to be used by leaders in making critical business decisions. You will be required to deputise for the CFO and your analysis will have a major impact on our global business and the decisions we make in support of our customers.
This senior role will suit a commercially astute, dedicated, and highly motivated BI leader who can work both independently and collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders to come up with solutions to business-critical issues. You will have extensive experience in a fast paced technology environment, know what “good” looks like, be a self starter, be proficient in managing and executing projects, and autonomously driving outcomes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Champion and rally the organisation around BI. Educate senior non-IT executives on the value of BI: without measurement, there’s no management.
- Build and lead a global BI team - attract, hire, retain and motivate top BI talent to support all the company’s needs and growth.
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company measurement, reporting and analytics across all functional areas
- Lead the design, development, implementation, and administration of a business intelligence reporting platform (including ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Assess, make recommendations, and implement (test and deploy) BI and Information Management systems, technologies, architectures and processes.
- Once established, take full accountability for the operational effectiveness of all enterprise data and systems
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business (e.g. the C-suite in commercial, sales, product, operations, marketing, finance, HR, IT) to identify and analyse business problems, measure business performance, distill key insights, map and forecast market changes, predict behaviours and events, provide analytical reporting, recommend resource optimizations, implement business process changes, as well as develop creative data-driven solutions with BI tools that meet business and technical initiatives.
- Contribute to the company’s strategy formulation and development including market strategies, competitor intelligence analysis and operating model changes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong knowledge and extensive, hands-on, operational experience in Business Intelligence, Data Modelling, Business Process Improvement or similar roles
- Significant experience in leading the development of a BI function within organisations
- The ability to build strong relationships and influence senior executives in their decision making
- Experience in a high growth, complex, global, and ideally SaaS business
- A proven ability to make the complex simple
- Strong data visualisation, report writing, and verbal presentation skills
- Dynamic problem solving skills and the ability to anticipate and prepare for difficult questions
- Knowledge of Salesforce, NetSuite and Zendesk would be advantageous
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll get the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.