Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
🚀 Afterpay is offered by more than 65,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 14 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including Ebay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As an Afterpay Junior Software Engineer you'll be responsible for developing software to enhance the Afterpay platform delivering value to our Merchants. We’re building new Merchant features all the time and we operate in a fast paced and constantly changing industry so there will be heaps of growth for the future. This is a perfect role for a Software Engineer with some commercial experience that is looking for the next steps in their career.
- End to end software development using Kotlin, Java and related open source technologies
- Work in cross-functional Product teams responsible for the discovery, delivery and validation of product features via microservices, APIs, web-apps
- Peer review design decisions, code, automated tests and documentation
- Participate in the ongoing design and architecture of our evolving core platforms and services
- Collaborate with product managers, experience designers & business stakeholders to build efficient and reliable feature implementations that will delight our customers
- Practice eXtreme Programming (XP) engineering techniques of Software Development
- Foster the use of agile practices of Software Delivery
- Ensure that story estimates and code reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Work with the software engineering team following our software development principles, guided by the Team Lead, Staff Engineers and Architects
- An understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code and other engineering best practices such as XP techniques (TDD, pair-programming, CI, etc)
- Ideally experience working within an agile, AWS environment
- Understanding of integration technologies such as microservices, RESTful APIs, gRPC, JSON/XML
- Knowledge or experience with version control
- An uses of Serverless technologies will be a bonus
- Willingness to learn and apply new methodologies and techniques as required
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or relevant field is advantageous but not required
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. Once we are back in the office you will enjoy working from our beautiful office space and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks paid leave.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices