Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
At Koala we want to make the way people live better. To do this we’re building a team of internet-breaking, norm-shaking content makers that know that the Koala customer is at the heart of what we do.
This role will be the voice of our rapidly growing social community. Success in this role will be determined by your ability to understand that authenticity and genuinity underpins every interaction. This role is for someone who can empathise with our customers needs and is passionate about building relationships through each customer’s engagement with the Koala brand.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Influence a community experience – create, manage and grow Koala’s social and online presence
- Act as the brand ambassador for all social media content across channels, ensuring we establish the Koala tone of voice
- Creatively, develop content calendars for social media channels with the support of the social media team and bring your ideas to life through content across all platforms
- Attuned and strong copywriting skills
- Design skills – familiarity with design and photo-editing tools
- Innovative mindset; ability to contribute to stunning content against tight deadlines
- Support with briefing the team and help manage projects to run smoothly and to a high standard
- Comedic flair; you love turning cultural moments into clever content pieces
- Use measurement tools to analyze and provide insights and continually find ways to improve metrics through testing initiatives
- Social listening – provide relevant content regularly through the use of metric analysis, trends and monitor relevant conversation
- Win the customer in every interaction, take them on a bespoke journey at every touchpoint
- Strategic recommendations – assisting with strategy projects, research and analysis, document preparation and presentation
- Minimum 2+ years in a social media and community management role managing socials and providing customer support
- Excellent creative written and verbal communication skills
- Did we mention that empathy is a must have? Our customers are at the heart of the business and an empathetic approach is a must at every touchpoint
- You love people and thrive on supporting them
- A drive to push for creative excellence every single day
- Immense initiative, you’re always thinking about what can be done next
- Passion for and solid knowledge of social media platforms: you live and breathe what’s trending
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage several projects at once
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you.
- Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Fully stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce. As well as fresh coffee beans in the machines and a VB fridge.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Diversity, equity & inclusion - We're an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
Koalities we look for…
- The customer is at the heart of decisions
- Act with honesty, integrity and ethics in everything you do
- Brings good vibes to the people around you
- Relentless focus on the end game
- Naturally curious
- Think forward, reflect back
- Confident and ambitious, but never arrogant
- Live the values of Koala
- Ride through change like a boss
- Challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.