Rezdy is the world’s leading independent B2B cloud-based booking and distribution platform in the experiences sector. Our mission is to power the growth of the experiences industry through tools and connections that make life easier.
Chances are, if you’ve ever booked a tour or activity, you’ve interacted with Rezdy’s platform. On the one hand, we help ‘experience’ suppliers, such as whale watching tours, cooking schools and amusement parks manage their bookings online and connect with a wide distribution and resale network. On the other hand, we help those looking for experiences and inventory to resell to expand their own customer offering, such as online travel agencies (OTAs), tourist information centres, hotel concierges and local travel agents.
We are delivering more value, much faster as we leverage a fine grained microservice architecture approach. This role gives you the opportunity to have an impact on defining the tools, services and principles we use to craft high quality software for a highly available SaaS platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver world class software that delights our customers and exceeds the expectations of our business
- Collaborate with a squad of experienced software engineers on software engineering best practices with a focus on shipping code and delivering quality solutions
- Contribute to discussions to help size, estimate and manage delivery of product backlogs
- Support and promote an agile development environment, collaborating with an existing high performing, agile product and software engineering team
- Write code every single day, but also collaborate with the broader business and product teams in planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective sessions
- Work with Java, J2E, SpringBoot, PHP, React, ES6, HTML/CSS, TypeScript, Node, AWS services, etc
- Contribute in scoping future functionality and developing feature specs through collaboration with product and design teams
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of the software / platforms
- Maintain and drive code quality by conducting code reviews, unit testing and other automated tests
- Contribute to developmental technology experimentation, selection and implementation
- Engage across the business to create and refine our software applications and platforms
- Contribute to the engineering roadmap
- Share and learn best practises, latest technologies and programming language
The role will require you to be proficient with the computer science fundamentals such as algorithms and system design. You will have working knowledge and commercial experience with distributed systems and RESTful APIs, including best practices with relation to system resilience, transaction management, connection pooling, retry policies, circuit breaking and timeouts.
- Computer Science / Software Engineering degree an advantage
- Deep passion for web technologies and an ability to evangelise to the team
- Understanding of scaled agile and devOps development environments
- Experience working with modern, web based architectures, including REST APIs, Serverless, event driven microservices, etc
- Experience working with web based applications and ecommerce platforms that perform at scale
- Cloud infrastructure experience an advantage, especially with AWS services
- Being firmly grounded in computer science and engineering fundamentals
- Organisational and communication skills with experience encouraging a culture of collaboration
- Down-to-earth, make it happen, analytical and detail oriented with a strong drive and innovative approach
- Effective collaborator with both technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- Your Rezdy anniversary day off to thank you for a great year!
- Work with a fascinating product in a high growth, tech-thirsty industry
- Passionate team with opportunity to work across exciting projects. You can own it and make it happen
- Opportunities to step up for high achievers
- Diverse Scaleup culture
- Company wide innovative and collaborative hack events every quarter
Reasons to believe:
Rezdy champions different ways of thinking. We are committed to establishing a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Come join us, apply now.