Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
The Director of Delivery for the Foundation Camp is a critical role for enabling the success of our practice teams within the Product Group.
As Culture Amp has continued to grow we have introduced capability and tooling teams for each of our Practices (SRE, FrontEnd, BackEnd, etc.) led by a Practice Director. Each of these practice teams are of different sizes, levels of maturity, and follow many bespoke processes around how they work.
The role of the Director of Delivery for the Foundation Camp is to bring a level of consistency in how each of these practice teams operate, including rituals, cadences, planning methods, engagement models, staffing, hiring, reporting, prioritizing, collaborating and measuring success. We are looking for someone who can partner with all the Practice Directors so we deliver the most value and increase our impact across all our product teams & camps within the product group.
- Engagement & Support Models - Drive consistency in how each practice team works with all the other Camps. Providing well defined boundaries and clear success metrics for each engagement, project and deliverable.
- Internal Customer Discovery - Drive a consistent method for understanding, visualizing and socializing our internal customer needs that is iterative and adjusts to the needs of the organization.
- Value - Build advocacy for the existence of the Foundations Camps and ensure that delivering business value is at the heart of the Foundation camps identity. Establish frameworks for measuring value, prioritize what teams work on, calculating ROI, reporting on success, etc.
- Planning & Delivery - Facilitate a repeatable planning process to ensure Practice Leads have clear plans that are fit for purpose. Assist Practice Leads to identify risks and blockers and support them to resolve these. Help the Foundation camp adopt best practices and work to support the practice teams to improve in their planning and delivery.
- Communication - Ensure a steady flow of consistent communication across all of our Practices, Camps, and Product Growth to facilitate knowledge-sharing, plan visibility and alignment of engagement/dependencies between the Camps.
- Line Management and Coaching -Mentor the Delivery Leads for each of our Practice teams (where applicable), to support their needs and development.
- Product Group Health- Ensure campers in the Foundation camp feel a sense of belonging and are happy, productive, enjoy their work, have clear remits, and help to resolve issues and work through plans to improve culture and engagement
- Foundations Camp Operations - Partner with Practice Leads to ensure the cadences and staffing of all of our teams are fit for purpose and delivering the correct ROI. Forecast resource capacity and plan ahead to meet key objectives. Set the rhythms that ensure smooth operation - communication, collaboration, knowledge sharing, work progress, etc - across the entire Foundations Camp.
- Delivering high impact work - We need to be confident that our investment in the Foundation camp is delivering high quality and impactful work that benefits all the other Camps. A key outcome is that other Camp go much faster and with significantly higher quality in their quest to deliver solutions to our external customers.
- All other Camps feel supported - All our Camp needs to feel well supported and are happy to rely and take dependencies on the Foundation Camp without fear of their projects being delayed or suffering from low quality.
- The ROI for Foundation Camp is clear and well understood - A clear understanding of the value being generated by the Foundation Camp. As we continue to grow we know what future investment is required and the resulting impact it will generate.
- High Performing Practice Teams - Ultimately, we are aiming to have each practice team being a high performing team, where everyone is engaged, collaborating well, delivering high quality work that is extremely valuable, in a predictable and consistent manner.
What You Bring to Our Camp
Extensive experience establishing and leading delivery for fast growth tech companies particularly during the “scale up” phase, ideally (but not necessarily) in the SaaS space.
Exceptional people skills and experience leading multiple teams of teams, as well as mentoring mentors.
Strong communication skills, both in one-to-one situations as well as one-to-many in a variety of mediums.
Excels at stakeholder engagement, both with senior technical leadership as well as with internal customers and peers.
A remarkable eye for talent, and solid track record of developing great leaders.
A strategic thinker. You are someone who understands that we play the long game, and that meaningful progress takes time to achieve.
A brilliant coach. You recognise that the key to success is to work through others, supporting and enabling leaders.
Deeply empathetic. You are curious about other humans and work out what makes them tick.
An inspirational leader. You are someone who is capable and driven by creating an environment where your team is able to realize their careers.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism on our website.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!