Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- DevOps, Agile, IaC, Config as Code
- Melbourne CBD (or Sydney) offices, with work from home option
Ailo (https://ailo.io/) is a data-powered platform which makes everyone’s experience in property management extraordinary. Ailo exists to improve the lives of every single renter or property investor, and make the property manager’s role more rewarding and straightforward. We create rich interactions that help create transparency and trust within the industry. Our role is to bring innovation into property management practices and challenge the old ways by looking at the root of the problem.
As a platform engineer, you will be working in the tech platform team, building out the next generation of technology platform and related tooling that allows us to work in a reliable, simple and scalable way. This continual innovation supports the product delivery teams (PDT) who themselves are building next generation solutions to improve every human interaction in the rental experience.
What you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- AWS cloud resources
- Docker and K8s
- Typescript, AWS CDK and AWS SDK
- Infrastructure and Configuration as Code
- Automation and Continuous Integration and Delivery
- and be part of the planning, design and implementation of new platform solutions and improvements
How you’ll be able help us:
- Have a demonstrable passion for working cross-functionally with our sisters and brothers throughout the product delivery teams and beyond.
- Be familiar with, and driven by, an agile and lean working environment.
- Have experience in coding, preferably TypeScript. We’re happy for this to come from commercial, uni or open source projects.
- Know about distributed architectures and microservices.
- Appreciate code quality and infrastructure availability, with an understanding of related best practices such as CI/CD, unit tests/TDD, monitoring and alerting, etc.
- Enjoy keeping up to date with the latest technologies and bringing new ideas not only to the platform team but the broader delivery space.
- Sharing an excitement for solving real world problems that allow us to impact millions of users and continually improve their overall experience.
What’s in it for you?
- It’s a great place to learn. You'll work with people who are knowledgeable about great software design patterns and passionate about best practices in software development (and we hope you are too).
- We are nonhierarchical, have a flexible working environment and strive to build a culture that empowers, supports and drives everyone to be their best.
- We have a culture of continuous feedback and no blame. You'll need to be comfortable giving and receiving feedback as well as sharing your knowledge and experiences with the team.
If this role sounds like something for you please apply here or call Karunya on 0452155992 for a confidential discussion.
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / 3rd parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.