Inventory Controller and Planner
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Baraja are looking for an Inventory Controller and Planner who will be responsible for the warehouse management, storage, move of parts, accuracy, and availability of parts in our inventory.
Inside the Job:
- Pick, Pack and dispatch the parts to customers as per requirement.
- Do the internal transfers and do the transaction in our ERP.
- Cycle count, report stock discrepancies and assist in monthly stock take process.
- Maintain the warehouse and suggest any improvement for efficient and effective receiving and distribution of parts.
- Receive parts from supplier / store, counting / matching the quantities from invoice and enter into the system with accuracy.
- Apply bar code labels and placing the parts into the correct warehouse location.
- Pick, pack and make kits of parts to issue to the pilot production sub-assemblies and final assembly lines for production / assembly on FIFO basis.
- Report shortages of parts and follow up with stake holders.
- Analyse the replenishment of parts based on a demand plan and the safety stock needed.
- Suggest the Purchase Orders to place to the Procurement Manager to get safety stock on time according to the plan and respecting an allocated budget.
- Follow up with our freight forwarder (customs or deliveries issues)
- Undertake any other tasks required by management.
- Minimum 2 years warehouse management experience.
- Experience with stock reconciliation.
- Logistics experience (Importation / Export / Custom).
- Excel or ERP experience (Odoo considered favourably).
- Experience managing inventory through an ERP system.
- FIFO experience.
- Bar code scanner experience.
Be part of a high-performance team.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you.
- Healthy lunch provided onsite.
- Wellness Budget.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- ESOP offering & remuneration package.
- Monthly social events.
- Volunteer day.
- Team lunches.
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!