Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics. Using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients.
We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real world evidence insights, improve medication utilisation and health outcomes.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including immuno-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by investors including Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
About the Opportunity
This role will work alongside other Business Analysts and report directly to the Project Manager, performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, conducting workshops and performing some user acceptance testing.
Serving as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders and users, the aim of this role is to evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for further improvement, develop and implement solutions, to help our customers extract actionable insights from data for applications across Research and Market Access.
- Work with the Product Manager, User Experience Designers and Engineers to assess and develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure we deliver the maximum value, aligned with our product strategy.
- Lead story mapping workshops with the team to ensure incremental slices of value can be delivered and validated with customers.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product
- Identify business requirements (customer goals, success criteria, metrics, features and user stories) and document the customer journey by gathering information through customer interviews, data exploration and analysis with various stakeholder - communicate and track outcomes utilizing in-house reporting tools (JIRA & Confluence)
- Collaborate with engineering, UX designers and product management teams (as required) to develop UI mock-ups to facilitate product development and enable customers to visualise the product.
- Support live issues and define priority & scope for product releases.
- Establish and manage the requirements baseline of the program, including coordinating all functional/non-functional requirements and acceptance criteria from multiple requirement owners.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Create and update user guides and process maps.
- Provide technical training and ongoing support to relevant stakeholders in the use of the service offering/product.
- Help lead releases by detailing and monitoring deliverables, resources, and priorities.
- Provide detailed goals, problem statements and support tasks to UX designers so they’re able to design required user experiences. When UX resource is limited, provide UI mock-ups to facilitate product development and enable customers to visualise the product.
- Contribute to strengthening new internal capabilities across agile product development, requirements management, UX / UI, and process improvement.
- Perform platform, user acceptance and system integration testing.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Previous experience in business analysis or a related field, working in an Agile environment
- Experience with story mapping techniques.
- Exceptional and proven analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Experience creating detailed reports and delivering presentations.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of SQL (and database concepts)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to collaboratively structure and define analysis with initially ambiguous requirements.
- Ability to forge relationships and communicate with stakeholders at all levels, working effectively across functional groups & with minimal supervision.
- Flexible work style comfortable in a fast moving, high energy and constantly evolving environment
- Self-directed learner who is able to demonstrate a high level of resourcefulness in a lean environment
Preferred qualifications, experience and expertise
- Relevant commercial experience in the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/ Medical Industry
- Flexible working environment, close to public transport with great end of trip facilities
- Stimulating and diverse data driven problems to solve
- Great team and inspiring leadership, collaborative and inclusive
- Lots to learn, strong knowledge sharing culture
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume
Note: Our team is fully supported and successfully working and delivering on projects from the office, remotely or from home. The health and wellbeing of our employees and clients is important to us, we have implemented and continue to practice COVID safe policies, informed by the health advice obtained from NSW Health and Federal Government Health Agencies.