Established in January 2016, Academy Xi (AXi) has an ambitious vision: to transform the world by educating the next generation of digital change-makers. We are passionate about delivering the skills and capabilities required for individuals, companies and government to succeed in an increasingly digital world.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Digital Project Management Mentor to lead a new online Digital Project Management course.
You will be delivering a part-time (after-hours) program which will give learners an introduction to Waterfall and Agile methodologies, Jira/Asana, digital production and technology basics, requirements gathering and scoping, communication and other ‘soft skills’ such as building relationships with stakeholders and managing a team.
This role would be suited to someone who is able to work flexible hours and would need to be available 4hrs per week over the period of the course.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a consultant/subject-matter expert (SME) during the development of the course and ensure the course content aligns with industry best-practice. This may include some content writing.
- Deliver engaging fortnightly online synchronous modules to a diverse group of learners and guiding them in their asynchronous (independent learning) modules
- Adapt your communication style to reflect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants.
- Bring the learning experience to life, building community and enhance relevance by drawing on your own industry experience
Who you are:
- You have at least 5 years industry experience as a Digital Project Manager or similar role
- Experience working with both traditional/Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Online delivery and training experience will be an advantage
- You should feel comfortable about communicating to large and small groups of people and have a desire to coach and guide learners in an empathetic manner.
- You are diligent with your administration and preparation
- You are across industry trends and able to share your own personal insight with students
- You love to inspire diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help your group of learners acquire technical skills, behavioural skills and new ways of thinking
Only candidates who have full working rights in Australia will be considered for this role
MORE ABOUT ACADEMY XI
Over the last four and half years we have harnessed the power of human-centred design and digital technology, building individual and organisational capability to solve a diverse range of social challenges.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Assist individuals to transform their careers into emerging, high growth and high impact fields
- Enhance and extend the skills and capabilities of digital and design professionals
- Engage with organisations and government to build design, business and technology capability as they transform digitally in this new world and
- Help organisations embed human centred design principles and transition to new ways of working to drive organisational transformation and long-term success
- Empower and inspire our community to generate impact and make a difference in the lives of others
We’re a digital first, fully online education company with flexible working arrangements.
We believe in empowering people with practical, actionable skills that will lead to improving life for others and ultimately changing the world. Our students, instructors and our growing team are our Tribe. We’re dedicated to attracting passionate people who live and breathe our vision.