Marketing Automation Manager
Meet Athena, The Game Changing Goddess of Good stuff
The banks are having a lend. They lock people into a life sentence, charge them for sneezing, and have a 0% interest rate in treating customers like people.
Home loans need a hero.
Australia, meet Athena... daughter of Zeus, patron of heroic endeavor, mother of wisdom and freedom, legendary loan warrior and game-changing goddess of good stuff. She’s pretty awesome.
She’s here to lighten the loan. With soaring prices, credit cards and avocado toast, Australians have
enough debt already. Athena removes the mortgage handcuffs, and arms homeowners with what they need to save themselves. We’re talking serious savings in time, money and stress.
Athena has the power to slice a bloody big chunk off the life of a loan. How? Well guess what, the world has changed and technology has made everything more efficient. Unlike the banks, Athena is happy to pass those benefits on. Told you she was awesome.
We’ve always been told to get a home loan, Athena wants you to get rid of it. And with it, she’s getting rid of any bullshit, jargon or paperwork- she hates those- and dialing up all the good bits like better design, access, transparency and old-fashioned service (in a new-fashioned digital kinda way).
A few bankers may be sacrificed, which will please our game-changing goddess of good stuff, and the millions of Australians who can now save themselves and move from loaners to owners.
Because life’s too short for a long home loan.
Who Are We?
We are Athena! A kick-ass army of mighty loan warriors- fighting for the Game-changing Goddess of Good Stuff, so millions of Australians can take control of their financial lives and re-write their future
We are not a bunch of bankers. Unlike them we actually give a buck about the customer. We are here to lighten the loan for Australian’s reducing their mortgage life sentence. Because life is too short for a long home loan
We are a start-up (who launched early 2019) who have achieved phenomenal growth since launch (in 2019), but we are only getting started. 2022 is going to be even bigger and we would love for you to be part of it.
What we can offer you?
The opportunity to work with a team of fast movers and shakers who really want to create some real change in the home loans industry. Australia has enough debt already, we want to help Australian’s get out of debt so they can start to re-write their future stories.
We believe in autonomy, bravery, moving fast and just giving things a go. We are focused on building a company where everyone wants to work because they feel valued, empowered and because they feel passionate about helping customers get out of debt sooner.
You mission is to work with the team to launch and run our end-to-end customer comms automation strategy. This will at first have a heavy focus on acquisition (from website hit to submit and onto settlement) but will also consist of managing the automation platform to execute all existing customer trigger based comms for retention, referral and personalised ‘pay down your home loan faster’ comms.
Our aim is to shift existing conversion rates through the entire funnel by 20%, but also to become best in class in terms of CRM communications, conducting rigorous A/B testing leveraging channel contact, sequencing, timing and content.
You will need to be highly analytical, a strong team player and be able to clearly articulate strategy and results to other stakeholders in the business.
You will work closely with the Customer Engagement & Sales Product Owner, Sales and Marketing leadership and a talented team of Engineers and Designers within an Agile environment to define and deliver best in class customer engagement across multiple channels that will shift conversion and in turn have a direct impact on the business’s success.
No role is restrictive at Athena. We want you to stretch and flex as much as possible and take on as much responsibility as you have capacity for. Below are the core (but not limited to) priorities of the role.
- Co-create strategy: Work with the Acquisition & Conversion Manager (Jen Ng) to co-create and launch the strategy for all customer nudges from website data capture leads through to applications submitted. Leverage existing analytics and customer behaviour in order to build key hypothesis to test and customer segmentation.
- Establish measurement frameworks: for all tests and contacts throughout the customer journey to report on regular performance.
- Platform selection: Work with Product and Dev team to carry out due diligence and recommend best platform in order to be able to best deliver our strategy (i.e., Marketing Cloud, Braze, Customer IO).
- Cross functional engagement: Work with product, sales and your fellow colleagues in marketing to ensure alignment and buy in to strategy.
- Multivariant A/B Test & Optimise: Conduct continuous A/B testing across all communication channels that includes content, channel (e.g. email, SMS, outbound call) sequencing and timing.
- Analytics & Insights: Analyse and report on customer behaviour as a result of testing and engagement, ensuring the correct attribution mechanisms are in place.
- Existing Customer Comms: Work with the product team and retention campaign manager to set up all existing customer comms including trigger based personalised comms.
- Lead scoring; Contribute to the lead scoring model as it feeds into the lead nurturing strategy including all leads generated from various partnerships that we are looking to establish next year.
Target Profile & Key Attributes:
To be successful, we need you to have proven experience in:
- Setting up and executing marketing CRM comms
- A passion for and experience of ongoing A/B testing initiatives
- An understanding of the key moments to target comms for in the home loans life cycle.
- Highly analytical with the ability to create hypothesis and insights from data
We are looking for someone who has had 7+ years of working with this area of marketing. Ideally you have worked with a mainstream CRM platform such as Marketing Cloud or Braze.
We are also looking for someone who lives and breathes these attributes:
- Flexible mindset: or Athena to grow, you need to grow and not be capped out. Be prepared to change other peoples minds and for them to change yours. You need to enjoy this.
- Super collaborative: no egos, elbows or brilliant assholes
- Strong critical & analytical thinking: be able to think deeply, get concepts quickly, analyse date and uncover key insights.
- Great communicator: Be a team player and able to articulate your strategies and rationale behind them
- Sales intuition & Ideas creation: Understanding of the conversion and sales lifecycle with great intuitive ideas that you believe would be a market differentiator and in turn increase conversion.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Ability to work from home
- Loads of support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.