Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. Take a peek at our fair and personalised loans, our round-up app, and our free credit scoring dashboard.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.
Keen to put your smart part to work? You’ll need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent resident based out of Melbourne to apply.
About the job
Wisr’s rapid growth is tied closely to our deep relationships with mortgage and asset finance brokers and we are currently positioned as the leading personal loan lender in the broker channel.
As the Business Development Manager - Victoria/Tasmania you are key in driving increased volumes of personal and secured auto loans written via Wisr’s accredited finance brokers. This is an opportunity for you to truly make your impact, backed by our high performing team across Australia.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer & Head of Broker, you will be working closely with another BDM covering the VIC region and service our existing clients as well as continue to seek out new clients.
There will be some travel expected as part of the role, typically 2 - 3 days per week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work towards personal and team business targets, as agreed on a monthly basis.
- Manage and develop Wisr’s relationships with a large number of finance brokers across Victoria.
- Build upon and further develop relationships and broker channels with broker aggregators as well as identifying areas for growth.
- Build strong broker relationships through regular face-to-face, zoom and telephone contact.
- Contribute to the development of Wisr’s strategy to be the preferred provider of consumer loans within the finance broker community.
You will have had prior experience within the consumer finance industry market and have existing knowledge and networks you can leverage to drive your success in this role. Ideally, you would have had experience with auto finance, in a BDM role, or are currently a broker looking to make the switch into a BDM position.
With a bright and outgoing personality, you are target driven and love to make a difference in everything that you do. You are an excellent communicator and enjoy building upon your professional networks by attending conferences and professional development days.
You’ll also have:
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities at once.
- Must have own car and Australian Drivers’ License
- Ability to work effectively while travelling and meeting clients
You will receive a competitive base salary with an additional short-term incentive component linked to your success in meeting your business targets. A long-term incentive program is also available. You will enjoy being a key part of a highly motivated, collaborative team which is a leader in its segment and drives a large part of Wisr’s loan originations.
Not sure if you tick all the boxes? Don’t rule yourself out just yet. If you’re interested, we would love to hear from you, so get in touch!
Our culture & perks
- Family friendly and flexible work culture
- $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
- Generous paid parental leave
- Udemy pass to learn new skills (maybe this is the year you learn how to take up your pants instead of asking your parents)
- Share incentive programs
- Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House, what a view!
- Fortnightly Friday lunch club and endless snacks
- Casual dress code (Chucks encouraged!)
- Table tennis and regular tournaments
- Arcade machine & massage pod
- Regular social events and awesome team offsites
- It’s 5pm somewhere in the world, so finish off the day with a Wisr Beer!
You’ll be joining a high-performing team with a focus on psychological wellbeing and safety. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr – that’s where you’ll do your best work.
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities.
Bonus points for a kickass cover letter addressing the role and how you’ll make an impact here @ Wisr!