Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We've grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First' approach with our team. We can hire across the globe, assuming that candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone. If you've got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
About our Senior Infrastructure Engineer job:
Core to our SaaS business is our infrastructure engineering function, and as a growing business we’re in need of experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to help us scale and optimise our performance and uptime capabilities, including working to Service Level Objectives (SLO).
As our newest Senior Infrastructure Engineer you’ll design processes and pipelines that ensure reliable workflows for developers as they deploy applications. You’ll have a goal of enhancing engineers’ productivity, as you develop internal tooling and automations.
This role needs someone who can work really well independently, but also know how to take initiative to work with multiple types of stakeholders to achieve goals, for example working with security experts and architects to enforce best application and infrastructure security practices.
We're remote first, and this role can be performed anywhere in New Zealand, or anywhere in the world within 4 hours of Australian East Coast time (+10 AEST).
To be a success in this role you’ll:
- Have expertise in running a highly-available SaaS platform leveraging the AWS Cloud platform with deep knowledge of infrastructure design and deployment across multiple regions.
- Experience with Linux command line tools, operating system internals, networking layers and popular web application components (background jobs workers, web servers, load balancers, etc).
- Strong understanding and 3+ years experience of at least one programming language and one configuration management tool
- Expert level on an Amazon Web Services (AWS) based environment and use of complimentary service offerings on production deployments
- Deep experience in cloud-native architectures; including Kubernetes based container orchestration systems, MicroService architecture, ServiceMesh, Secret management, Observability solutions, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Understanding of modern continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline and Gitops workflow
- Strong sense about stateful systems and their use cases, including but not limited to ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL and Kafka
- Knowledge of serverless technologies and design patterns including Lambda, DynamoDB
- Background which includes industry standard compliance (eg. ISO 27001:2013, GDPR)
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Nice to have skills/experience:
- Background of using Terraform
- Appropriate AWS certification (eg. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional)
- Experience with Ruby or Golang
- Knowledge of .NET based system deployments and running
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Annual all hands offsite/retreat - this year we’re going to Thailand!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech + a generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues, + quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop (of course!)
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018