Note: This role strictly requires Australian working rights.
Relectrify is a high-growth venture that builds cutting-edge technology to reduce the cost and unlock extra lifetime in lithium-ion batteries. By combining innovative electronics with intelligent algorithms and data analytics, our technology allows used electric car batteries to be given a second life as energy storage systems in households, the power grid and beyond.
Relectrify was founded in 2015 out of research at the University of Melbourne. The company has since launched projects with Volkswagen Group and Nissan subsidiary 4R Energy amongst other companies, and received support by leading clean energy investors including the CEFC Innovation Fund. The Environment Bureau Hong Kong, Falling Walls Germany and international utility program Free Electrons have all recognised Relectrify as a leading innovator in energy storage.
About the Team
Relectrify consists of a world-class team, who thrive on working together and solving seriously hard problems with a view to make a positive impact. Team members are given high autonomy with the ability to access support as necessary. As a venture-funded company, our focus is to rapidly enter markets where we can make a real difference.
In short, we are a group of motivated individuals rapidly deploying cutting-edge technology to make a positive impact. We also like discussing future trends, enjoying good coffee, board game evenings, and a healthy stream of positive humour.
About the Technology
Relectrify’s advanced battery management system (BMS) comprises of three parts: hardware electronics controlling power flows inside battery packs; embedded software algorithms that inform how the hardware electronics operate; and data analytics to allows customers to monitor their batteries and allow continuous improvement of Relectrify’s algorithms. Together Relectrify uses these to notably increase battery performance and lifetime.
Capable, affordable battery storage unlocks value for customers from farms to solar houses, power grids, and beyond. Relectrify therefore actively forms strategic collaborations with innovative, sector-leading storage companies across the world to jointly develop and release uniquely positioned storage products
We are looking to bring into the Relectrify team a highly capable and self-motivated individual to strengthen our technical sales (to set up new collaborations with customers) and project management (to support ongoing pilots and products). You will enjoy working in a dynamic and constantly changing environment, thrive at the intersection of technology and business, and feel innate satisfaction from knowing your work makes a difference. Any team member with the right skills and attitude will have significant opportunity to define their career trajectory.
You will work directly with our co-founders (CEO and CTO) on tasks including:
- Main contact for ongoing customers including for technical queries to be solved in collaboration with Relectrify's engineering team
- Undertake identification, contacting, negotiations and agreement signing with new Relectrify customers for the ReVolve battery storage product
- Undertake identification, contacting, negotiations and agreement signing with new Relectrify collaborators for Relectrify's core technology
- Represent Relectrify in customer meetings with senior business leaders, and at select international conferences and events
- Actively build and keep updated Relectrify’s understanding of the storage market, including on storage applications, key collaborators working on those applications (i.e. potential Relectrify customers) and new/second-life battery suppliers
- Support / lead company webpage / social media
- Growth opportunity: Take leadership role in defining, building, and managing Relectrify’s business development and projects team, which is expected to double in size over the upcoming 12-18 months.
- 4+ years experience in industry roles in business, sales and/or engineering
- Excellent people skills, integrity, and interest to work with customers across geographies
- Exceptional self-motivation to search for, develop, and action new business opportunities
- An interest in, and understanding of, technical aspects around electronics, software, and/or power systems
- An interest in, and understanding of, the global energy storage market, including its applications and key players
- Australian full-time working rights (min. 12 months)
Nice-to-Haves - but willing to waive for promising candidates
- A degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in technical business development, sales, or customer-facing engineering
- Experience formally managing individuals or small teams
- Experience in the energy storage or renewable energy sector