Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
The Associate Creative Director (writer) works as part of the global brand studio team - Afterpay’s in-house creative arm - reporting into the Executive Creative Director. This is 12 month Fixed-Term Contract.
As part of the brand studio team, this role is responsible for crafting brand messages and stories that communicate Afterpay’s purpose and drive awareness and conversion globally, bringing clarity to the BNPL market through clear, creative, inspirational and educational content.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Work with colleagues in the global brand studio to ideate and concept global brand campaigns and projects.
- Work with regional brand teams to localise messaging and creative of global brand campaigns for regional markets where needed and bring a nuanced view of regional needs to each conversation about global campaigns/projects.
- Work with regional brand and marketing teams on local campaigns/projects.
- Work in partnership with the ACD (graphic design) to own, develop creative solutions for and deliver on project briefs.
- Be an editorial and brand voice custodian, ensuring consistency, strong brand voice and integrity across all creative work. This includes approving and editing copy both at a regional and global level;
- Maintain and update the TOV guidelines.
- Work with the Content team to strategise and plan how brand campaigns come to life on owned channels.
- Use your stellar writing skills to create high-performing messaging and storytelling across the funnel and across all channels.
- Manage junior writers, and being a key contact point for freelancers and agencies on specific projects;
- Use data and insights to inform content and creative strategy and ideation;
- Work with relevant teams on developing content partnerships and how these content partnerships can raise Afterpay brand awareness and conversion to usage.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Strong, Demonstrable experience in a senior role, mentoring writers and managing freelancers and agencies
- Strong editorial content, copywriting, marketing and brand experience is a must
- You are a strong executer and have the ability to strategize
- You can own end-to-end projects and content development with the ability to take data and insights to inform content and creative strategy
- You have an authentic enthusiasm for the product and storytelling
- You are a pro at working to tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to generate and present at brainstorming sessions and workshops designed for specific goals, solutions and creative outputs
- An openness to giving and receiving feedback, and sharing creative work with the team and different business stakeholders
- You are an agile copywriter and storyteller, with expertise in different forms of content, from OOH lines and landing page messaging, to product pushes and video scripts
- You are agile with strong communication skills! You thrive in a fast pace environment and know how to influence up with ease!
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!