Hello, we’re Brosa…
And it’s our mission to make it simple for people to create a home they’ll love. Founded in Melbourne in 2014, we’re famous for our uncomplicated and straightforward shopping experience. We’re one of Australia’s fastest-growing consumer brands and are proud to be making waves in the $14B home and living industry. Brosa is backed by Australia’s most prominent and successful Venture Capital funds, including AirTree Ventures and Bailador.
We are on the hunt for an all-star Retail Showroom Manager to lead our Sydney showroom. Our customers are a mix of walk-ins, appointments booked in advance, and virtual/phone customers. You are an experienced Showroom Manager with a track record of exceeding your sales targets by developing high-performing teams within a supportive team culture. You are results-oriented and passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences, and excited by the opportunity to join a next-generation, high-growth retailer leveraging technology to deliver a superior customer experience.
What makes the Brosa team awesome…
Mission-Driven - Our team is made up of curious problem solvers who are all working together towards our mission - we’re in this together.
Innovative Founders - The founding members of Brosa have instilled an entrepreneurial spirit into every corner of the business. We’re encouraged to test and pursue our bold ideas.
Growth Mindset - We’re all dedicated to learning as much as possible to reach our potential and position Brosa as a home and living industry leader.
Diversity - We pride ourselves on our diversity and believe this is key to our success because it enables us to develop new ways of working that drive innovation.
Customer Champions - At the core of everything we do, we are driven by a desire to deliver a fantastic experience that delights our customers.
As a Studio Showroom Manager at Brosa, you’ll get to:
- Lead our showroom team and operations
- Deliver and exceed ambitious sales targets
- Coach, develop, mentor, and train your team
- Nurture a high performing and supportive team culture
- Be accountable for metrics such as sales conversion, Average Order Value, Wages to sales and visitor to stylist ratio
- Translate monthly, weekly, and daily sales targets into a format that most effectively motivates your team (and report on sales results vs target)
- Manage the rosters effectively to meet seasonal demand and maximise sales
- Work with cross-functional partners in Post Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Technology to deliver superior results for our customers
- Use our Business Intelligence Interface and Excel to analyse sales performance and trends (eg by stylist / by customer type / by day of the week)
- Lead by example when serving customers and closing sales, providing expert product knowledge, and using clienteling techniques such as mood boards
What you bring to the table
We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes, because we know the right person for the job will be able to learn what they need to succeed in their role. That’s why our recruitment team focuses on value-alignment when hiring. So don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t have a university degree, have recently switched careers, or even have career gaps - you’re welcome to apply regardless.
- 2+ years of experience in retail store/showroom management
- A strong track record of leading high-performing retail teams
- Proven ability, and a natural enthusiasm for driving sales
- A warm, energetic leadership style with a passion for developing your teams
- Conviction in the importance of delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Prior experience in consultative selling techniques and building long-lasting customer relationships
- Experience using CRM systems to support the sales process
- Proven to be tech-savvy and are fast to learn new systems
- An openness to new ways of thinking
- A passion for retail, interiors, product, and design
- Industry experience in furniture and homewares
- A qualification in interiors or a design-related discipline
- An eye for detail
- Independant working style
More Than a Job
16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave (including adoption) - Supporting parents is vital, which is why we're proud to offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Build Connections - We host regular celebrations and social events so you can connect with your team members.
Great Perks - You’ll enjoy a generous discount on Brosa products and paid leave on your Birthday.
Support - We believe supporting your mental health is fundamental, that is why we offer a weekly mindfulness practice and an Employee Assistance Program.
What is the interview process like at Brosa?
We've tailored our hiring process for each role's requirements because no two roles are alike, but you can always expect that we:
- Provide prompt communication and helpful feedback
- Spend time understanding what you need because we want to be a good fit for you too
- Have recruiters and hiring managers that respect your time
- Strive for a transparent and honest exchange
Diversity is key at Brosa
We believe that diversity is critical to our success and one of our greatest strengths. We will not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.