Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, and incredible customer service, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture. Our number one priority (after making amazing products) is the customer experience. We are a brand that deeply cares about our customers and we strive to do anything to make them happy and completely satisfied.
Why we have this role @ Koala
Oversee and organise the activities of the customer service team, enabling them to provide exceptional service to Koala’s customers and ensure we continually surprise and delight them at every interaction with us across every platform. The CS Team Lead plays an important role in motivating teams on a day-to-day basis to achieve, or better yet, exceed set goals and targets and advocate the ultimate Koala customer experience across the CS team and wider business. This role focuses on driving exceptional customer experiences across both our pre-sale customer service inquiries and our post-purchase customer support function in warranties and 120-Night Trial Returns.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Manage, motivate and coordinate a dedicated team
- Proactive coaching of the Customer Service team, and contribute to coaching processes and documentation and manage performance, personal and professional growth through regular team member checks
- Ensure a smooth, fast and efficient customer experience when impacted by a warranty, 120-night return, or a missing/replacement parts scenario
- Active identification of opportunities to improve processes and customer experience, taking an active lead in cross-functional solutions and projects
- Ensure customer requests are addressed promptly & are submitted/recorded correctly by everyone in the team, aligned to Koala CS processes
- Coordinate any re-deliveries as needed & execute the required reverse logistics services
- Generate regular reports to Customer Service Manager on warranty, returns and customer service, transparently sharing metric performance and key customer insights
- Monthly Supplier Warranty claim submission, and maintenance of claim statuses
- Assist with projects to make improvements to achieve better services & greater efficiencies across the Customer Experience & Supply Chain functions
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures to improve Customer Service experience
- Suggest methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Build strong relationships with Koalas internal and external stakeholders to problem solve and on critical issues
- Be an escalation point for any customer inquiries and complaints which may require support
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a customer service role, ideally with a strong logistics and transport background
- Exceptional management and leadership skills; ability to manage and motivate staff within a team environment
- Ability to ‘think like a customer’ our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to deliver a world class experience at every touchpoint
- Strong focus on data driven customer experience trends and insights
- Experience with generating reports and intermediate spreadsheet skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- A team player that can also work independently, is self-motivated, task-oriented and organised
- A passion to keep up to date on current industry trends
- Is someone who is proactive, solutions focused and has an innate desire to challenge the status quo
- Proven ability to initiate and manage change
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and selflessness drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.