Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this role is to create, embed and maintain the organisational development strategies and initiatives for Afterpay globally. This is a greenfield opportunity to build from scratch the key mechanisms to set employees up for success from day one and continuously through their employment lifecycle.
This role is critical to the execution of our People-First strategy and our businesses ability to perform, innovate and grow, as well as building muscle in our corporate values of be brave, keep it real, do the right thing and shape the future.
As we mature, this role will be responsible for leadership, learning, capability, talent management, succession planning, and career pathway strategies and frameworks and the implementation of initiatives that follow; as well as learning initiatives aligned to other centres of excellence, such as performance, diversity & inclusion, health and wellbeing and recruitment.
For this role, you will need strong consulting, stakeholder management, design thinking, planning, collaboration, and business acumen capability, as well as the technical expertise and experience required for successful thought leadership and execution.
A hunger for data and analytics is essential and will be a critical component in guiding your work, taking an evidence based approach to helping our employees succeed.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Provide organisational development thought leadership, creating fit for purpose initiatives for Afterpay
- Create, embed and iterate a global learning strategy and roadmap that matures as Afterpay grows
- Collaborate with the Centres of Excellence teams (D&I, Compensation & Benefits, People Analytics, Health & Wellbeing, Talent Acquisition) to ensure alignment of product and service
- Work collaboratively with the regional Business Partners on bespoke needs within particular Departments
Example OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) for next 6-12 months:
- Embed OKR methodology across all regions and uplift quality
- Create an induction experience that focuses on setting new starters up for success and immerses them in Afterpay’s values
- Define People Leader expectations and embed these into other People processes
- Establish individual contributor and leadership career pathways
- Mature our capability framework and improving consistency of use across the business
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- Relationship Builder - spends the time getting to know people and building trusted relationships
- Perseveres through Change and Ambiguity - has the ability to adjust as business needs change
- Critical Thinker & Problem Solver - looks at complex problems through multiple lenses before deciding on action
- Self Awareness and Resilience - is in tune with their impact on others and can moderate their behaviour according to the situation
- Communicates with Clarity - has refined written and verbal communication
- Influences by Engaging Hearts and Minds - brings people on the journey to ensure the soft landing of initiatives
- Growth Mindset - focuses on identifying what can be done, rather than what can’t be done
- Enterprise Leader - naturally thinks with the whole organisation in mind
- Determination & GRIT - shows stamina to work through challenges and at pace
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Experience with creating and implementing learning strategies, supported by technology
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital learning platforms and content curators
- 10+ years working in a Organizational Development and/or Learning & Development role
- Global experience - either via international experience or working for a global organization
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in HR, Psychology, Business and/or Arts
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Sydney or Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
* This role has the ability to be based in USA, UK or Australia *