Tech Lead - Data Engineering
- Join a dynamic, fun and passionate team
- Start-up Tech company - ranked 11th in Australia, and top 500 globally.
- Flexible working environment
Rezdy is the world’s leading independent B2B cloud-based booking and distribution platform in the experiences sector. Our mission is to power the growth of the Experiences Industry through tools and connections that make life easier.
If you’ve ever booked a tour or activity, chances are you’ve interacted with Rezdy’s platform. On the one hand, we help ‘experience’ providers, such as whale watching tours, cooking schools and amusement parks, manage their bookings online and connect with a wide distribution and resale network. On the other hand, we help those looking for experiences and products to resell, such as online travel agencies (OTAs), tourist information centres, hotel concierges and local travel agents, to expand their own customer offering.
We’ve experienced a lot of exciting growth recently with many new team members joining Rezdy to help drive our mission. We’re now looking for a Data Engineering Technical Lead to join Rezdy’s Data Engineering and Analytics teams, which form what we call Insights. Together they’re responsible for transforming how both Rezdy’s employees and our users make decisions with Data.
The Tech Lead for Data Engineering is the custodian of Rezdy’s Data Infrastructure. They’re responsible for leading a team of Data Engineers working on this infrastructure. They’re a coach, mentor and manager to these Data Engineerings doing what’s required for their long term success. While taking input from the other teams at Rezdy they’re responsible for the design and delivery of the Data Engineering Roadmap, and for maintaining the reliability of what exists today.
- Day to day management of the Data Engineering team. This includes:
- Leading Agile Ceremonies for the team
- 1 on 1’s with the members of the team
- Ongoing coaching and mentorship of the members of the team
- Sizing, Estimation, Delegation and Delivery of the Data Engineering Backlog and Roadmap.
- Driving code quality, through enforcing and improving our development guidelines, conducting code reviews, and implementing best practices around testing.
- To champion and if necessary evolve the broader insights teams values:
- Impact Trumps All
- You own your Impact
- We deliver as a team
- Experience leading or mentoring technical teams.
- Data Engineering experiences. Preferable in the following technologies:
- Java (A nice to have)
- Understanding of how to scale agile and devOps processes and workflows.
- AWS and/or GCP cloud infrastructure experience. Specifically when it comes to event-driven architectures.
- A deep understanding of software engineering fundamentals, principles and practices. Specifically, in how they relate/are adapted to Data Engineering.
- Experience working with Stakeholders like Analysts.
Why Join Us?
- How do you like the sound of company-wide social events, team outings, and exclusive discounts on tours and activities?
- Opportunities to step up for high achievers.
- Diverse Scaleup culture.
- Your Rezdy anniversary day off to thank you for a great year!
- We're ones to watch - Capterra top 5 companies to watch in 2020
- We're a startup that's going places - ranked 11th in Australia, and top 500 globally.
We believe in nurturing an adventurous spirit; owning it and making it happen and achieving more together - these are our values!
How to apply
The opportunities to share this success are limitless, What are you waiting for?
Come and join us on this adventure by clicking the apply button, we look forward to connecting.