Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
At Koala we want to make the people live better. To do this we’re building a team of internet-breaking, norm shaking content makers that add value to the lives of our audience with every attention-grabbing and shareable piece of content they create.
This role will be a core creative influence within this team of organic reach and engagement aficionados. This is the role for someone that has as much understanding of what our audience loves to engage with as they do the strategic requirements of the Koala brand.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Working directly with the wider communications team, you will take ownership for all organic social media activity, including the development and implementation of social strategy, campaigns, content, community management and content generation
- A passion for writing and creativity is a must, as well as being well versed in social and digital trends
- Content creation – Building out and managing content and social media plans all the way through to content production for social media shoots for relevant channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest and Twitter)
- Art direction – you understand what works on social media and captures attention and can manage social shoots start to finish
- Campaign Planning – Working alongside the rest of the creative team, you’ll develop new ideas for social content to drive communications. Planning social content that is relevant and engaging
- Design skills – familiarity with design and photo-editing tools, you can whip up a beautiful post as easily as you can ideate one
- Strategic recommendations – assisting with strategy projects, research and analysis, document preparation and presentation
- Briefing – you can articulate your ideas to bring them to life working with creative, brand and marketing
- Stakeholder management – working cross-functionally across key influences in the business
- Influencer management – management of end-to-end influencer campaigns
- Community management – strong understanding of TOV and speaking to customers online
- Blog Writing – Researching and writing blogs to generate creative and engaging content for traffic
- Reporting & Analytics – strong understanding of social analytics and interpreting data to inform creative content strategies and make real-time adjustments
- Creative mindset; an ability to create stunning content against tight deadlines, briefing your team and managing projects to a high standard outcome
- Comedic flair; you love a cheeky tweet, getting lols in the comment section, and turning cultural moments into clever content pieces
- Minimum 3-5+ years in a creative social media role
- A drive to push for creative excellence every single day
- Immense initiative -- you’re always thinking about what can be done next
- Passion for and solid knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience with creating content for all major social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube, blogs etc
- Proficient in copywriting and art direction
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage several projects at once
- Solid understanding of data analytics, including knowledge of analytics software such as Social Studio, Falcon.io, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc
- Strong, professional and creative communication skills
- Approachable, action-orientated and energetic personality
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you
- Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave to help keep your work-life balance, balanced
- Fully stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce. As well as fresh coffee beans in the machines and a VB fridge
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more
Koalities we look for…
- The customer is at the heart of decisions
- Act with honesty, integrity and ethics in everything you do
- Brings good vibes to the people around you
- Relentless focus on the end game
- Naturally curious
- Think forward, reflect back
- Confident and ambitious, but never arrogant
- Live the values of Koala
- Ride through change like a boss
- Challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Diversity, equity & inclusion - We're an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.