HealthMatch is building something great - a way for patients and people around the world to access tomorrow’s treatments, today. To help make this happen, we are hiring our first Account Management Lead who will act as the principal point of contact for our pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CRO customers, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of HealthMatch’s solutions to meet their needs.
Welcome to HealthMatch!
At HealthMatch, we’re on a mission to accelerate Medicine by putting patients at the heart of the drug development process. We’re starting by transforming the way they connect with clinical trials; bringing a patient- and digital-first approach that makes it faster and easier to access innovative therapies and life-saving medications than has ever been possible before.
80% of clinical trials are delayed because they can’t find the patients to help; and patients don’t know how to engage with them. We’re closing that gap, using our in-house technology to match the right patients with the right trials as seamlessly as possible.
2020 was a big year for us. Amidst everything else, HealthMatch grew from a team of 5 to 20; from 8,000 to 80,000 users; and connected them to over 2,000 clinical trials. To cap it all off, we completed our Series B capital raise with the backing of Square Peg Capital (one of Australia’s most successful VC funds) and a long list of other prominent investors and partners. Many of them have been building with us from the beginning, and we are delighted to begin 2021 with their continued support.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Everyone on our team is driven by our mission to accelerate medical research. Everything we do challenges long-established processes and ways of working - we are most excited about meeting people who share our focus on the patient and are unafraid of the challenges we will encounter as we work to transform an industry. Your experience will get you an interview, your passion and drive will get you on the team.
To be effective as HealthMatch’s Account Management Lead, we think you’ll need a few things:
- You’ll have 5-8+ years’ experience in account management roles across high-growth technology businesses or technology-focused contract research organisations; experience at a health technology company and in roles with team management responsibilities would be highly regarded
- You know the Pharmaceutical sector inside out and, if you don’t, you’re certainly interested in learning all about it
- Exceptional service is at the heart of everything you do - you’ll have a knack for understanding customer needs and be a whiz at planning & implementing the right processes and systems that will help serve them at at a level that is nothing short of exceptional
- You are a natural at building relationships at all different levels of an organization - you instinctively know how to build advocacy by understanding your stakeholders’ pain points and being resourceful in how to help solve them
- You know how to communicate to many different stakeholders - you’re comfortable in all formats (phone, email, in-person, presentations), always finding the right balance and tone for the intended recipient
- You’re extremely comfortable with ambiguity - we’re an early stage startup operating in a very dynamic way which means priorities and pace can change rapidly
- You’re also not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get things done - you know that startups are about end-to-end execution and that no task is too big or too small
Let’s build something great together!
You’ll be a key contributor in our Business Development & Partnerships team and the first Account Management hire, responsible for ensuring that the needs of our pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CRO customers are met to the highest possible standard. You’ll deploy best practice account management playbooks to maximise customers’ usage of our platform across their clinical trial pipeline.
No single day in a high-growth startup is the same but you can expect to be doing some of the following:
- Acting as a key point of contact for our pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CRO customers, offering white glove service by responding dynamically to their needs
- Becoming an expert in the accounts that you manage - you’ll get to know everything about your accounts including the right stakeholders to speak to, their upcoming trial pipelines and the opportunities to apply HealthMatch solutions to support them in their business goals
- Co-ordinating internally with HealthMatch functions like Product, Marketing, Operations and Medical teams to ensure that we are successfully delivering for current trials on-platform
- Driving new customer trials onboarded - you’ll own this metric by ensuring you are understanding and landing the upcoming clinical trial pipeline of the accounts that you manage
- Building account management best practice into the Healthmatch business - you’ll bring your playbooks and your expertise, but are dynamic enough to adapt them to an early stage operating environment
We are a dynamic team so you may be called upon to contribute to and learn from the wider business from time to time.
- This is a full-time role based in the HealthMatch Sydney office.
- HealthMatch is a well-funded early stage company - this means we are able to offer competitive compensation which includes base salary, superannuation and ESOP.
We're also pleased to offer benefits that make it more fun to be at work:
- A new office with all the modern conveniences (there’s food and drink too!)
- Weekly team social events
- Ability to work at a founder-led company with access to senior management
- A rapidly growing list of other goodies (that you can help us to shape!)