Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia, New Zealand or Pacific Coast USA (AEST-friendly timezones) . This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you
How you can help make a better world of work
Join us as the Platform camp design lead. Platform camp is the group of exceptional Campers who are creating the shared services and data that underpin every experience an employee has on our platform.
This means you’ll have a unique opportunity to impact how every employee - HR, managers, and individual employees experience the Culture Amp magic.
What you’ll spend time doing
- Collaborate with top notch Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and People Scientists
- Work through complex problems that demand second and third order thinking e.g. thinking through how roles and permissions work in the platform and what experiences they enable
- Ensure that the Platform experiences are ‘99% invisible’ i.e. frictionless
- Reveal and visualise how shared services and data have a big effect on downstream user experiences
- Evolve our shared vision for the Platform experience and how it supports the impact we want to create as a company.
- Ensure that valuable experiences are being shipped regularly, meeting the quality standard and are progressing us towards the Platform vision
- Mentor a team of two to three Product Designers to and help them grow and do their best work
- Help other members of the camp think about discovery and learn Human Centred Design methods e.g. help teams that deal with Developer Experiences
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering and delivery in your Camp and beyond
What you bring to Platform
- Deep experience as an IC in design roles, and you are just beginning your move into formal design leadership with some experience managing people
- Past experience creating end-to-end experiences for users with a leaning toward user- and customer-centred techniques to define and create value, and of using data to validate or test.
- A toolkit to draw on for deeply understanding problems and defining solutions, such as service design, design-thinking, customer discovery.
- Empathy for those you work with and mentor, and a drive to build and fosterhighly-effective teams.
- Curiosity and passion for people and culture. At heart, you're what we call a people geek!
- Iterative and adaptive approach - you’ll get some setbacks, and can reevaluate and find a new path forward without getting too worried about it.
What We Offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by. You can read more about these at www.cultureamp.com. Take a read and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism at www.cultureamp.com
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hour, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks parental leave at full pay for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.