Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
You will provide oversight to Xero’s Payments team responsible for “Collecting Payments” - the customer journey that enables our business customers to collect payment from their customers, an integral part of Xero’s payments operations, to deliver our mission to “empower small businesses to take control of their cash flow and financial future by providing trusted financial insights and services”.
This will involve interacting with our “Collecting Payments” partners, key stakeholders and relevant product groups to ensure alignment with overall Xero strategy to drive the execution and growth of our payment solutions around the globe. You will develop great customer experiences that help Xero scale in existing geographies, and enter new markets. You’ll balance company strategy, customer needs and technical requirements.
You will be responsible for teams of Xeros that create value for our small businesses and our partners by building and enhancing the products that make the magic happen. You will provide oversight across your portfolio, ensuring the right things are built at the right time and through doing so you’ll contribute to Xero achieving its goals.
What you’ll do
• Further develop a Collecting Payments product strategy and roadmap in collaboration with leaders across Financial Services at Xero and internal stakeholders to meet Xero’s strategic objectives
• Regularly review this strategy, updating it to reflect changes in company strategy, market changes, and lessons learned from customers and initiatives
• In collaboration with design and product teams, transform product ideas into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of the business
• Work with other teams within Xero to create a framework of quantitative metrics that demonstrate the success or otherwise of product evolution and product marketing
• Be accountable for the commercial success of the capabilities you create in the products you are responsible for
• Act as an educator and evangelist globally across the Xero business helping to raise the understanding of the financial services industry, in particular payments models and participation options, and how Xero’s FS products benefit customers
• Define, own and communicate the product roadmap and prioritization (including development of business cases) to best determine how to service new customer acquisition, retention and conversion
• Ensure the roadmaps produced by Product Managers are data-informed, based on customer research, have clear objectives and KPIs, balance functional and nonfunctional work, and are realistic
• Build and lead effective cross-functional teams of product managers, product owners, designers, product marketers, developers and analysts that continually improve and deliver value to our customers
• Understand the Financial Services regulatory environments in which Xero operates globally and work closely with Risk and Compliance function to meet these requirements
• Maintain an external network of individuals, groups and knowledge houses in the payments sector and actively represent Xero in this sector
• Bridge technical and business worlds, leading strong and productive relationships with key external partners and stakeholders, to understand and deliver on market needs and priorities, and act as an evangelist for Xero’s payment strategies and roadmaps
• Contribute to the improvement of Xero’s product leadership capability
• Work with local go-to-market teams to ensure they understand the product strategy, the team understands their challenges and there is clear messaging in place for all product launches
• Work closely with your peers to deliver quality software that solves real customer problems
• Manage the day-to-day execution of all product activities for the purpose of meeting the product and Xero’s goals
• Work with strategy, product marketing, data, and research teams and drive user and competitive research to uncover customer needs and new product value propositions in line with Xero’s vision and commercial goals
• Establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the wider organisation, particularly Engineering & Architecture, Design, Product Delivery, Marketing, Regions, Sales and Customer Experience
• Cultivate a fun, rewarding, innovative and results-driven culture that lives and breathes our Xero values
What you'll bring with you
• Previous experience in leading people leaders and forming high-performing teams
• Experience launching new payments propositions, from strategy to design and delivery
• Demonstrated experience in owning and driving P&L in the payments and acquiring industry
• Proven experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
• Solid track record of addressing customer needs through innovative use of technology
• Proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels
• Extensive experience working with software development projects at scale
• Demonstrated experience in defining product roadmaps and planning
• Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Building of effective relationships across all levels of the business
• Advocate for building quality software that is customer centric
• Ability to break down complex problems, deliver pragmatic solutions and manage changing priorities
• Strong understanding of business software solutions
• Broad knowledge of technology and software development
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.