It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.
About The Position
As a Whispir Technical Lead, you will be leading one of our agile development teams. Your focus will be on providing day to day technical leadership for your team as well as taking on line management responsibilities.
Technical leadership will involve guiding your team in building technical solutions. For this, you will work closely with product owners and our architects as well as coordinate with technical leads from other teams.
Line management will involve working together with the members of your team in building personal development plans, ensuring a safe and supportive work environment, performance management and driving the team towards identifying and implementing improvement opportunities.
As Technical Lead in Whispir you will be leading a product engineering team of full-stack developers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with product managers to design, evaluate, plan and estimate product features
- Provide technical leadership for the engineers in your team on a day to day basis
- Build a safe and supportive professional environment that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Be an advocate for continuous improvement of best practices and adoption of new technologies
- Ensure that security, data quality, cost-efficiency, stability and performance are always considerations for our solutions
- Take on challenging and complex coding tasks
- Work closely with other technical and product leaders as well as other stakeholders (such as support, sales, finance, etc)
- Guide, coach and support the team and individual developers in learning and capability development
- Provide after-hours support as part of our application teams weekly support roster when required
- Work with delivery, product, operations and other teams to plan and track progress
- A thought leader and a great communicator to technical and non-technical audiences
- Great experience with leading and mentoring teams of engineers
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture
- Knowledge Golang, Python or other modern languages a major bonus
- Some knowledge of Java to understand our legacy code is also a bonus
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform) and CI/CD (e.g. Buildkite)
- Extensive experience with AWS or other comparable cloud services (e.g. Azure, GCP)
- Extensive experience working in product engineering teams
Why we think you will love working at Whispir
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
We still want to hear from you, even if you don’t meet all of the above requirements. If you’re ready to change the way our world communicates, Apply Now!