Who we are looking for
We’re looking for A super Golang developer to join our software development team in Melbourne. You’ll have experience in building secure, robust and flexible APIs and "right-sized" services in a modern, cloud environment. You will have a great impact on FrankieOne with the ability to build something that is used globally.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience (with at least 12 months of Golang)
- Experience using frameworks/tech like Gin and OpenAPI/Swagger to define & create complex API services
- Experience using cloud services and others to assist in building complex systems.
- A love for writing clean, well tested code. Using Golang’s testing framework will be second nature to you.
- Exposure to working with CI/CD pipelines.
Experience with languages other than Golang too - we like your development experience to be well rounded! We also want to know why you like working with Golang, so having something to compare it to really helps.
- Be an active participant in our regular scrum rituals (standup, grooming, retro, etc).
- Work to turn stories into clean, well tested code
- Work with your colleagues to solve problems, share experience and co-ordinate on the best ways of working together.
- Work with the QA team to ensure you’re handing over code that meets requirements.
- Be part of the team that is building the next generation of the FrankieOne platform too
What success looks like
In the first month, we will give you all of the tools you need to be successful. You will meet your cross-functional partners, attend our standups and start to participate in our scrum meetings.
In the next few months, you will start to own your own projects and work with the QA team closely to build out well tested code
You will be reporting to Andrew Edwards. Andrew is Frankie’s Tech lead. Before joining Frankie Andrew worked as a CTO for a healthcare startup, prior to that was CTO and Co-Founder for a startup in the online event ticketing space, which sold over $100Million of tickets around the world. When not banging on about metric led development, Andrew is interested in building and playing synthesisers.
The full-time role will be based in our Docklands, Melbourne office. As mentioned above, we have a flexible work-from-home policy after onboarding, though we believe spending some days in the office creates a vibrant office culture and team collaboration / problem-solving.
Our interview process will involve a series of interviews with the senior management team and cross-functional partners at FrankieOne as well as some technical exercises.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.