Welcome to HotDoc! 👋
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2012, HotDoc is Australia’s largest patient engagement platform with over 8 million app downloads in Australia.
The past 18 months have seen massive growth for our business, our team, and our community. We now work with over 21,000 practitioners around Australia, including GPs, Allied Health, Dental Practices, Specialists, and Optometrists. We’ve helped patients book over 9 million COVID-19 vaccinations (and counting)!
We have ambitious goals to improve the healthcare experience for everyone in Australia with exceptional patient journeys, and we’re looking for extraordinary individuals to help us get there.
What's in it for you?
As a UX Designer you will help define and build products that have a real world impact on people’s health. You’ll be working in a fast growing team on a product already in use by millions of people every month. You will design products you can be proud of, and that our users love.
Our team takes a highly collaborative approach to the entire product delivery process. You’ll be working side by side with Product Managers and Developers while you talk to medical centres and patients to uncover their needs.
We are open to this role being remote for anyone located in Australia. For Melbourne applicants, this will be in a hybrid arrangement from our CBD office.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be tasked with exploring new ways for patients to discover, book, and stay engaged with a diverse range of healthcare practitioners.
This includes identifying how customers can best schedule patients, understanding the patient lifecycle, conducting research on how people discover and interact with healthcare providers, and helping our customers deliver the best possible patient experience at every touchpoint.
To achieve this you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating closely with designers, product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to solve complex challenges and craft meaningful and intuitive experiences that highlight our products’ capabilities
- Performing user research and customer discovery, through interviews, contextual inquiry sessions, ethnographic studies and usability testing
- Using qualitative analysis to drive design solutions and enhance performance metrics
- Synthesising and sharing research insights to stakeholders and the product team
- Translating UX research to ideate and refine experiences to meet product goals
- Creating personas, journey maps, information architecture, wireframes, service blueprints, or relevant deliverables that express how users interact with the products
What you must have to apply for this role
- UX, design, or related degree/training from recognised training providers like Brainmates or General Assembly
- 2+ years of professional and related UX experience
- Ability to know your way around prototyping tools like Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Experience conducting user research & testing activities (e.g. customer interviews, usability testing, remote testing)
- Successful delivery of end-to-end product design on projects from ideation to Production
- A passion for talking to customers and diving deep into the way they work and the challenges faced in healthcare
- Demonstrated experience creating thorough user journeys, wireframes, and other artefacts that consider the many ways users will interact with our product
- Collaboration skills to keep the team involved throughout the journey with workshops that harness the knowledge of our customer success, product, and marketing teams
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
What do our employees love about working for HotDoc?
What is at the heart of HotDoc is our people. We are an employee first company and recognise that we can’t provide a great patient experience, if we don’t look out for our employees.
- Work with impact & purpose. We are helping to make health care accessible for everyone in Australia. Expect to work on problems that are having a positive impact on the lives of Australians.
- Work with great people. Work alongside a supportive, diverse and inclusive team. You will be supported to solve problems and think creatively and innovatively, while having fun along the way.
- Work that challenges you. The past 18 months have seen massive growth for our business, our team, and our community. You will be supported to set professional development goals and plans to grow and learn as HotDoc grows.
- Work that fits into your life. We are a flexible, remote-friendly workplace. We prioritise HotDoc’cers looking after themselves and provide free access to our mental & physical wellbeing program. This includes access to our EAP and coaching platform. We also have access to 12 weeks paid primary caregiver parental leave and 6 weeks secondary caregiver parental leave.
If you want to find out more about what it is like to work at HotDoc, check out our Instagram @hotdoconline and watch a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIOI3xrF6uE
HotDoc is a place where you can be you.
We celebrate diversity at HotDoc and we welcome all applications.
If you would like to find out more about how we celebrate diversity, please click https://practices.hotdoc.com.au/diversity-inclusio...