We’re looking for a Videographer / Editor to join our fast-growing team at Eucalyptus.
You’ll be working in a dedicated in-house content team. Yep, in-house. So we're producing our own stuff, all the time. No lame clients. In the last year, we've made everything from Facebook video (seen by millions) to TV ads for our brands.
We come up with our own ideas and then produce, shoot, write, and edit it ourselves...sometimes in the same week. You’ll have the freedom to bring your own ideas, too. It's a chance to make work that has a real impact on people's lives, and is seen by a huge number of people in the form of paid advertising.
You’ll be involved in brainstorming ideas, shooting and editing great stuff across lots of media channels. Work on a wide variety of projects from social media ads, high-quality Youtube campaigns, TV ads, editorial publishing, and outdoor media buys, all the way to editorial and educational/explainer content.
You'll become an expert in creating content for our brands (Kin & Pilot, with plans for two more this year) and lay the foundation to make them household names.
Check our Pilot and Kin. Read a bit more about us in the SMH
As Eucalyptus’ Videographer / Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Working with our in-house producer to prepare and execute photo and video shoots in-house and on location
- Direct, shoot and edit (with the help of the rest of the team) to bring our creative concepts to life
- Maintaining our in-house studio and equipment
- Acting as director, moving people along at a brisk rate and keeping energy and focus high on set
- Ingesting, organising our content library
- Editing to a brief, choosing between speed and quality where appropriate
- Having a strong opinion on tone, music and narrative structure of your output
- Turning graphics into motion graphics where appropriate
We believe in creativity, and we believe in growth. Becoming a Videographer / Editor at Euc will see you working within our marketing team. The role is full-time, and based out of our central Sydney office.
What is Eucalyptus?
Eucalyptus is a brand-building machine. Our two current brands, Pilot and Kin, are leading the charge in terms of bringing telehealth to the masses in Australia.
And we will have one more brand before the end of the year; we have built an engine that makes this possible.
Simply put: Eucalyptus is creative and technology excellence, under one roof.
The buzz of an advertising agency, and the agility of a tech company, all in the one place.
A level of analytical rigour that would make a management consultant blush.
Oh, and intelligent capital allocation. You need that.
We empower the best talent to bring brands into the world. Then iterate madly.
Why join Eucalyptus?
- Get in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country while we are still small.
- Join a tech company where you don't need to slave away late into the night to get great work made.
- See the impact of your work on thousands of actual users (and hundreds of 5 star reviews) on our products means you are making a real and measurable impact (in some cases, "life-changing"... check out the Pilot and Kinreviews).
- Learn from some of the best marketers, engineers, creatives and entrepreneurs. We do everything from creating ads, to buying media, to testing ideas in-house, so you will be exposed to disciplines you didn't know existed.
- Our hiring bar is extremely high, and you'll join a diverse team coming from Koala, Canva, Atlassian, BuzzFeed, Spaceship, Special Group, M&C Saatchi, Optiver, McKinsey, and more
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options).
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 years+ experience shooting both video and stills
- A good understanding of film production process
- Expert with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut
- Some After Effects and Photoshop experience
- Some experience with sound production, lighting and colour grading
- A good ear for music choices and styles
- Strong attention-to-detail
- A desire to create video that is popular and consumable, not just 'art'
- A passion for the internet, online video and e-commerce
- An eagerness to run through walls to get an idea made
- Great organisation skills