Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Manager, Funding, you’ll work closely with the Head of Debt Capital Management and Global Head of Treasury on a range of priorities such as developing and implementing Afterpay’s capital management strategy, executing and maintaining appropriate funding arrangements in alignment with the strategy, and financial modelling to support the capital management strategy and the budget process for Treasury.
The role will also stretch to encompass strategic development elements such as identification, investigation and implementation of alternative funding sources, as well as ad hoc initiatives that arise from time to time.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including banks, legal counsel, auditors and internal parties
- Assist in the development of a Capital Management Plan, to be updated on an ongoing basis and presented to the board annually
- Align reporting procedures to improve timeliness and consistency of outputs
- Manage appropriate banking facilities, ensuring alignment to the growth objectives of the company and cost-effectiveness
- Assist the Head of Debt Capital Management to manage and expand funding relationships, including existing bank relationships
- Refine existing funding relationships to improve alignment with company growth and strategic measures
- Assist the Head of Debt Capital Management in planning, coordinating and executing debt capital raising activities
- Assist in the establishment of warehouse, securitisation and other debt facilities in all scale regions of the company
- Work with Group Finance at Corporate and regionally, and other areas of the business as required, to ensure debt financing aligns with the company’s objectives and business operations
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have previous experience in Debt Capital Management in a high transaction volume BNPL or credit card issuing Institutional Bank or major NBFI
- You’re comfortable in and have an ability to perform in a high growth environment
- You have demonstrated experience in the delivery and management of debt financing transactions in a global context
- Your experience with MicroStrategy and Moody’s Ki is highly regarded
- You have clear intellect with strong analytical capability and sound judgement
- Your bond issuance experience in an international market is highly regarded
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace.
We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave. We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.