Openpay (ASX: OPY) is an omni-channel payment solution that provides customers with flexible, interest-free payment plans, in-store, online and through the Openpay App. Available in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK with our launch into the US. Currently underway! As a global fintech company, Openpay are defining the next generation of payments. We believe people and businesses should have freedom and flexibility in how they pay with no hidden catches. In doing so we’re changing the way people pay, for the better, and we’d love you to join us in our mission. As an established Australian business, we’re continuing to supercharge our growth by turning the world, Amber. That’s right, “Aussie Amber” (our Marketing Team nailed that one!) This Amberfication is led by in-store, mobile app and on-line payments.
About the opportunity:
The Data Engineer is responsible for contributing to the shaping of the Data Engineering team’s agenda and technical direction for data and analytics assets at Openpay. Working in conjunction with the Product teams, business stakeholders and broader technology group, the role includes the design and implementation of data solutions across our different teams and regions. The role also includes providing guidance and mentoring for junior team members, shaping the team’s direction as we grow our data engineering capabilities
About the role:
- Review business and user data requirements with Product Managers to assess technical effort and feasibility of data initiatives
- Assist Lead Data Engineer with solution architecture design for data initiatives and evaluation criteria, with security at the forefront of design
- Implement automated reporting and data management initiatives
- Develop, optimize and test scalable ETL scripts (SQL, Python, Spark) that implement the transformations defined by business users to produce ready-to-consume data for business reports and data science models
- Optimise data storage and management in the data warehouse in the most efficient format that supports efficient and quick querying
- Help identify relevant automation opportunities to bring down the cost and time that are necessary to implement data solutions
You should apply if you have :
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or a related field. Relevant work experience is also acceptable
- Proven working experience (min. 2 years) in designing and optimizing data pipelines and data architecture
- Hands-on experience AWS data services, such as Glue, S3, Redshift, Athena, Sagemaker, DMS in order to architect and build data pipelines
- Hands-on experience with common data tools such as Airflow and dbt
- Expert knowledge of Python, Spark and SQL
The Team you'll be joining:
We believe every new team member has an opportunity to add to our culture – we’re a vibrant team of Podcasters, Ultra-Marathoners, Weightlifters, Chess Players, Students and more, so we’re looking for people who want to be part of a diverse and ever-changing team.
Being part of a growing Fintech means you’ll need to be a self-starter with high energy, motivation and focus on achieving targets. You’ll crave the unknown and be excited by the opportunity to challenge yourself every day. As we grow, we change, so you’ll be flexible, willing to evolve as our systems and processes do. Always tenacious, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities and will be quick to bounce back if you encounter a setback. Most importantly, you’ll be kind - our team appreciates and supports each other (particularly this year) so you’ll want to be part of that team spirit.
What We Offer:
- A vibrant, fast-paced, supportive workplace culture
- Brilliant family-friendly policies with paid parental leave entitlements for both primary and secondary carers
- A range of flexible working options
- Year-round learning and development opportunities
- A health and wellbeing program (including in-person and virtual fitness activities)
- The opportunity to be an owner through our team member equity program
- An awesome global discounts and recognition program
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Short-listed candidates will be advised by telephone. Please note, due to the requirements of this role, candidates must have full working rights in Australia.
Openpay is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application